Picasa help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picasa help please

I have Picasa 2 (freebie) on my computer.

The trouble is that every image or photo I have in "My Pictures" is also on Picasa.

Does anyone know if I un-install Picasa will I keep all my pictures on "My Pictures"

OR......

Can I take all the pictures off Picasa but still use it to edit photos one at a time???

OR.....

If I can uninstall Picasa and still keep all my pictures, is there another freebie I can use for editing.

All I do is remove red eyes and crop.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Harrys mum; 10-03-09, 19:28.

Just tried and deleted a couple of photos I didn't want from Picasa and they have been deleted from "My Pictures" as well.

So......I'd better not uninstall Picasa.

Comment

Libby,

within picasa you can edit red eyes and crop the pictures, and you can also set which files/folder picasa searches to add them to it, for example you can set it so that it doesnt scan 'my pictures'.

I personally, do use picasa and find it very friendly, I am now using version 3 of it, as I have it set to auto update for new versions

when you have picasa open you have a panel on your left, in that 'should' be 'desktop' so any picture you want you can click and hold within picasa and drag to desktop it will ask you if you want to move it, so is fairly easy.

however, should you wish to do more, you will need to goto 'tools' then click on 'folder manager' this allows you to set which folders are scanned.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for this thread Libby. I had forgotten how good Picasa was for red-eye removal!

Julie recommended it to me way back when the first photo editing thread first went up on here and I can't remember why I ever uninstalled it!

I've just downloaded Picasa 3 and, although it automatically scanned for photos all over my computer, I then went to "Folder Manager", highlighted each folder from the "Folder List" and selected "remove from Picasa". All the photos went from Picasa but still stayed in their usual place on my PC. I closed Picasa and re-opened and there were no photos showing.

Using "file" and "add file to Picasa" I then opened the one photo I wanted to work on and, after finishing, went back to Folder Manager and used the "remove from Picasa" again for that single photo. It is still in its original place in "My Pictures"
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I always thought that Picassa just showed a thumbnail of the file but the original was still on the hard drive. If you right click the file it says "Delete from Disc" if you say yes, then it will delete it completetly.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks........I've been "removing from disc". I'll try the other way, because I like Picasa as well, just can't get rid of some of the piccies.

Comment

Just went to "My Pictures" and all the pictures I deleted last night are back, but back twice. It's a though I've copied them.

I just right clicked on the picture and clicked "delete". It disappeared, but now it's back at the bottom of all the pictures but double.

In Picasa all the ones I deleted from disc are back double as well.

I'd really like to empty the lot and start again, but I have thousands of photos.

It's just every time I try to edit one or delete one they double up.

Any ideas???

Comment

I had the same trouble all my photos had doubled and I could not get rid of them so had to uninstall Picasa ??

Comment

Val................it's driving me bonkers (not hard..lol)

I'm ready to unistall Picasa and then re-install it after I've culled my photos, but I'm scared I'll lose the photos on "my Pictures" (the "my pictures" folder in "my documents")

Comment

Libby, If you are able to back your photo's up to and external hard drive or cd you will be able to have a sort out and then re install the ones you want to keep.
                    Funny on my very old PC I found all my pictures copied and it never occurred to me that it was because of Picasa. I will have to watch that one as I have only just insatalled Picasa 3.
                    Gillian, Interesting to read your notes as I have never been brave enough to delete anything. I have saved many Census pages as jpg and they all come up in Picasa plus a few other graphic images like how to open a programme which I desperately wish to remove from Picasa.
                    Margaret N
                    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret....................I've got most backed up, but they are just backed from the computer so are doubles as well.

I've worked out that if I delete them one at a time they seem to be OK, but if I try to delete them in bulk (using the Ctrl button) they all copy instead of delete.

I'm just lazy and copy all the photos from my camera to My Pictures then forget to cull the useless ones and end up with gazillions of useless piccies. Then I try to delete and double up the gazillions of useless ones.

I've got one folder with up to 17 copies of each photo!!!!!

I'm hoping I can make a new folder and put just the ones I want and delete the other old folder.

No doubt you'll hear me scream from here if it all goes pear shaped...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X