ancestry how do i get info to someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry how do i get info to someone

who has a tree on ancestry and is looking for my grandmother ;) marie louis dunnett....the tree name is porter and the number is ph2005/rs1555

brenda xxx

Hover your mouse over the name Porter Family Tree and click on "Contact owner".

Comment

it wont let me i have tried it says i cant contact the owner is it because im not a paid member?brenda xxx

Comment

I suppose you can't, then. But even if you could, the ancestry connection service often doesn't seem to work - a lot of people have sent messages using it and never got a reply even from people who they are sure would want to reply. Has she got her tree on any other site, such as GR?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

havent looked but will try thankyou kite brenda xxx

Comment

Yes, I have had this too (apart from my message on the other thread about Ancestry Connection Service) - someone left me a message about how they didn't agree with my info, which I'm prepared to accept but would like to discuss it - seems like they're offering contacts but not delivering the goods.

Not a happy bunny at the moment
            CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Sorry, Bren, I thought you were a member as you appear to have a tree on there.

Do you want me to contact him/her on your behalf? If so, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll ask him to contact you direct.

Comment

I was going to say the same as Mary so your choice.

Either PM me and I'll send a message on your behalf or PM Mary from Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                  I was going to say the same as Mary so your choice.

Either PM me and I'll send a message on your behalf or PM Mary from Italy.
                  thankyou will send you a pm many many thanks brenda xxx

Comment

thankyou mary just read both your post thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Can anyone help, I am a fully paid up member of Ancestry but I can't seem to find a way of contacting someone. I am sure I never had any trouble before, but just can't seem to do it any more.
                      I hover the mouse over the tree name but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

Comment

Sue,

Click on the tree name (on a private tree) and it should come up with a new page with a button to "Make Connection".

Click on the tree name (on a Public tree) and it shows the tree. Next to the tree name, at the top of the page, it shows the Owner's name. Click on that and it takes you to their profile page. There is a button on there to "Contact <name>".
                        Tracy

Comment

Thanks Tracy. I get to the profile page but nowhere can I see where to contact this person, so infuriating, unless theres a way of stopping contact in the first place.

Just looked in my profile and there is an option for someone not to be contacted, maybe this is what they have done.
                          Last edited by SuffolkSue; 10-03-09, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                            Sorry, Bren, I thought you were a member as you appear to have a tree on there.

Do you want me to contact him/her on your behalf? If so, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll ask him to contact you direct.
                            no not a member i have a tree only.brenda xxx

Comment

It is a private tree Brenda and you just click on the name Porter and it takes you to a page saying 'Contact this member for more information'. There is an orange bar to click on which says 'Make Connection'. Then a box comes up for your message. Are you sure that this isn't actually your tree though Bren?

Have you got her birth cert? If the details of her parents, that you give on your trees on Ancestry, are correct, then I think you will find that she was born Oct-Dec 1885 Ref Spalding 7a 388a as MARY Louisa Dunnett. Is this her in 1891 RG12; Piece: 1232; Folio 101; Page 7; GSU roll: 6096342.
                              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

no the first mary died i found here death and from one census to another the ages are different. she was the second marie louise dunnett,i cant remember how i found the tree im of back to look.there was a porter as a wittness on her marriage lines
                                brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                  It is a private tree Brenda and you just click on the name Porter and it takes you to a page saying 'Contact this member for more information'. There is an orange bar to click on which says 'Make Connection'. Then a box comes up for your message. Are you sure that this isn't actually your tree though Bren?

Have you got her birth cert? If the details of her parents, that you give on your trees on Ancestry, are correct, then I think you will find that she was born Oct-Dec 1885 Ref Spalding 7a 388a as MARY Louisa Dunnett. Is this her in 1891 RG12; Piece: 1232; Folio 101; Page 7; GSU roll: 6096342.
                                  when i tried it wouldnt let me it said how much for enlisting on ancestry,but i will go and try thankyou again brenda xxxx

Comment

It may be that you can't contact other members if you aren't a member Brenda. I believe that someone has offered to contact them for you though haven't they?
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

it still wont let me when i click on porter the price of ancestry comes up,i dont think its my tree i dont have the amount in my tree it says brenda xxx

Comment

thankyou chrissie yes they have i dont know if they have as i havent had a reply saying if they have though,no im not a paid member ... thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                                        X