FTM 2005 ... how do I??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2005 ... how do I??

Add a mans marriage to his dead wifes sister?

I must have a foggy head day today, cos I just cant see where/how to do it :o

(in simple idiot steps pls)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

This is for 2006, but hopefully works in 2005 too.

First, create a new spouse (leave blank) by clicking on Spouse button > Create a New Spouse.
    Then in the menu at the top, click on People > Fix Relationship > Attach Spouse, and choose a name from the list.
    Sarah

Comment

oh poop.

I have entered already... him and his 3 wives and their 17 kids.. the only thing I havent done is entered wife number 1 and wife number 3's parents as they are one and the same, so would this work the same?
      Julie

Comment

Julie, if this follows on from your other thread, I presume that wife number 1 and wife number 3 are sisters.

In your index of individuals do you now have wife number 3 entered twice - once on the family page as sister of wife number 1, and then on the family page as the third wife?
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Julie, if this follows on from your other thread, I presume that wife number 1 and wife number 3 are sisters.

In your index of individuals do you now have wife number 3 entered twice - once on the family page as sister of wife number 1, and then on the family page as the third wife?

wife 1 and 3 sisters, I have just looked in my fam file list thing and they are only listed once.

I havent actually put them as sisters yet, I have assigned the wives to William but havent assigned any parents to any of them, or added Elizabeth to Mary as a sister.. yet
          Julie

Comment

OK - go to Mary and add her parents.
            Then with the cursor on the parent's name, click on PEOPLE / FIX RELATIONSHIP / ATTACH CHILD
            This will bring up the Index of Individuals - find Elizabeth and click on her name. She will then show up as a sister to Mary. It's possible it may query that she also appears as the wife of Mary's husband, and is that correct - but of course you know the answer to that!
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              OK - go to Mary and add her parents.
              Then with the cursor on the parent's name, click on PEOPLE / FIX RELATIONSHIP / ATTACH CHILD
              This will bring up the Index of Individuals - find Elizabeth and click on her name. She will then show up as a sister to Mary. It's possible it may query that she also appears as the wife of Mary's husband, and is that correct - but of course you know the answer to that!

Phew! easy peasy, when you know how!

didnt throw a query up though, but it looks right.. now.

thanks
              Julie

Comment

Working...
              X