Date and Restore Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and Restore Please

Could anybody see if they can date and do a bit of restoration to these please.

Thankyou

The first picture is certainly ww1, your sargeant with I assume, his wife and family, could the smaller photo be them in later life? The older lady in the second photo has the look of "mum" in the earlier one. The sargeant has 2 wound stripes!

Comment

Thanks Barbara

Its the second i was interested in dating nice info on the stripes though. The first photo is my gt grandparents. The Second is the same lady but with a different husband, my gt grandfather was killed in 1918.

Comment

2nd photo, post 1945 but pre colour........hmmm, 1960ish....

Comment

i would say second photo 1950,s brenda xxx

Comment

im going by the ladies slippers and the thin mans tie like my hubby wore brenda xxx

Comment

Thanks Brian

Thats the photo i was most wanting and it looks great.

Thankyou

Comment

Is there anychance somebody could have a go at putting some colour into this pic. I'd love to see what it would look like???

Comment

I've been having a go at my black and white ones with a programme called 'recoloured'. You can download a 21 day trial online and use it fully in that time. Unfortunately I'm colourblind, so my efforts just caused fits of laughter in my family, pink moustaches, red jackets etc, lol. I think I was always on a bit of a hiding to nothing there, but I recommend others give it a go, it's certainly a clever bit of software and easy to use (if your not colourblind!).

Comment

hahaha I would of loved to see your photo after you finished it Richard :D

Comment

Trust me you wouldn't. Mind you my brother thought it looked fine (colourblind too!).

Comment

Since nobody else has stepped into the breach, I've had a go for you on recolured ( after several aborted attempts, and a few much appreciated pointers from family members on right colours etc, I'm told it now looks ok!):

Comment

2 from me

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X