NSW Assisted Immigrant Passenger Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW Assisted Immigrant Passenger Lists

I have been looking at part of my OH's tree that I haven't looked at for a while. I have FTM now and it has the green leaf thingy that will take you to ancestry's online records if the names match.

One of the matches was for the NSW Assisted Immigrant Passenger Lists. I clicked on the match and was able to see the original image.

I have since gone back to look and can't see any images, only the transcript.

Can anyone else see original images?
    Last edited by Kit; 02-04-09, 00:34.
    Kit

I can't, nor the unassisted ones either, and I have the world sub.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I tried that too Kate. No idea how I did it. I showed my OH the document and he agrees I haven't gone insane. See for yourself.

Kit

Comment

I can only think of 2 explanations - Either they used to have the images on ancestry but have had to take them off for some reason, or you got the image from another site but you've forgotten!
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No Kate I got it today. That's why it's so frustrating.

I've emailed them to see if they have an explanation. Will let you know if they reply.
          Kit

Comment

Today?? Goodness, it'd be nice if those images went online. Maybe they're testing them?

Comment

Are they available from the NSW Archives site?

I think something similar is available from the Victoria Archives, or National Archives of Australia.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                Are they available from the NSW Archives site?
                A lot are, yes, but they're expensive - about AUS$ 25.00 if I remember rightly.

Comment

This one gives ships manifest images for free: Mariners and Ships in Australian Waters

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I use that site quite a lot, but I've never seen images like the one Kit posted.

Comment

Having said that, I've just clicked on a few lists at random on the Mariners site, and some of them do have the image of the full passenger list, whereas the ones I've searched for in the past only had the image of the first page, even when the full list of passengers was transcribed.

Comment

You can get the images like I posted if you go to the archives or at some libraries but they aren't indexed and you have to trawl through the reel. To have them online would be fantastic.

I was so excited to get the image but couldn't work out why it only came up for one person and not his parents/siblings. Now I can't even get Alfred's image to come up.
                        Kit

Comment

I finally got a reply today from ancestry. The images are supposed to be seen and will be corrected at some stage.

The email is below:

Thank you for your email. First, I apologize for this delay in response to your email.

We appreciate your error report about these missing images. This problem has been reported to our developers. Feedback from you, our valued customer, helps us correct errors and improve the website. Your patience and efforts to assist us in this matter are appreciated.

Please understand that fixes to errors on Ancestry are posted firstly in the order of those which affect the greatest number of users, and thereafter in the order in which they are reported. For this reason, fixes for some errors may take longer than others to be posted. We appreciate your patience.
                          Kit

Comment

That's the standard reply they always send when you complain about missing images.

Comment

I sent a message to them a couple of weeks ago and had a slightly different reply. It just said I should have access and they would fix it as soon as they could. It wasn't a standard 'auto' reply.
                              Tracy

Comment

I don't think I've seen that wording before Mary. Maybe we should start searching and complaining about every missing image so it becomes more popular.
                                Kit

Comment

Working...
                                X