Where can I find....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find....

... Teddington (london, middlesex) info registration districts?
    I am trying to find a death and am having to trawl through the index, I have found several possibles but I don't know if where Teddington came under for these dates I have. My possibles so far are bethnal green, pancras, islington and battersea.
    Also, do you think it possible that a fairly well off person might have lived to 80 or more from being born in 1873?
    If I can't find him then I am going to have to try his other name although he never used it (not from 1881 at least anyway).
    Thanks

Registration districts:
    Teddington MDX 1837 - 1934 : Kingston
    Teddington MDX 1934 - 1937 : Brentford (after 1937 see Twickenham)
    Elaine

Comment

thank you! Where did you get that? I need to now see if any of my above mentioned places also fall under Kingston!

Comment

Index of Places in England and Wales

Click on Download the Place name Index.
        It downloads as a pdf file - save it on your hard drive. A valuable tool!
        Elaine

Comment

Its here

Brentford Registration District

Elaine's quicker than me!

Comment

thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              thank you! Where did you get that? I need to now see if any of my above mentioned places also fall under Kingston!
              Nowhere near, I'm afraid.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Oh dear! I think I am going to have to start ordering certs then and hope I hit the jackpot eventually!
                Thanks everyone!

Comment

Tessie,
                  Pancras, Isllington,Bethnal Green and Battersea seem unlikely unless the person had moved in with a relative. I am not sure which hospitals were around in that year. Check the deaths for Middlesex and Surrey. As Teddington is on the Thames, the dividing line between the two counties, she could have easily been registered in either.
                  I have found a surprising number of ancestors who lived beyond 80, Unfortunately some of them died in workhouses, which seem to have, on one level ,acted like geriatric homes ! So maybe find out the nearest workhouse to Teddington.
                  As mentioned before,the age in the death index/ certificate could be wrong by a few years. The information given is only as good as the knowledge of the informant

Comment

Working...
                  X