I have a medal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a medal...

I wasn't sure where to post this so I will put it on Q&A..

I have a WW1 medal which I would like to return to a family member..I brought it at a carboot sale a few years ago...It is missing it' ribbon...

A. SGT. T Bushwell.
    W. RID. R...

If anyone recognizes the name please get in touch..

Jules x

Researching/ MADGWICK, RAMUS, PONT, MITCHELL, CHAMPION, GOSSLING, VAN STAADEN.

Looking at his medal index card, he was Thomas Bushwell, presumed dead 20th July 1916. "O/C Recs York requests insts. to dispose of medals d/ 19.2.21" but there is also a medal card with same rank, number and regt. but surname given as Bushnell. So I wonder which is correct? The CWGC website lists him as Bushnell, no details of next of kin or age.

Found him on "Soldiers Died in the Great War", also listed as Bushnell - birthplace Old Eddington, Kent, residence Gravesend, formerly 10796, Dragoons.
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 08-03-09, 17:24.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I remember seeing a website a while ago, that was trying to reunite medals to families...I found it during a googling session when I was researching war medals.
      ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
        Looking at his medal index card, he was Thomas Bushwell, presumed dead 20th July 1916. "O/C Recs York requests insts. to dispose of medals d/ 19.2.21" but there is also a medal card with same rank, number and regt. but surname given as Bushnell. So I wonder which is correct? The CWGC website lists him as Bushnell, no details of next of kin or age.

Found him on "Soldiers Died in the Great War", also listed as Bushnell - birthplace Old Eddington, Kent, residence Gravesend, formerly 10796, Dragoons.

Thank you for your info.. I also saw him as Bushnell but I also wonder which is correct!! x

Researching/ MADGWICK, RAMUS, PONT, MITCHELL, CHAMPION, GOSSLING, VAN STAADEN.

Comment

Working...
        X