Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo restoration: Can a photo wizard revive granny Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo restoration: Can a photo wizard revive granny Please?

This is my maternal grandmother aged about twelve, she seems to be fading away. It is the only photo of her as a young girl and I would be grateful if some kind person could work their magic on her. By the way thanks to whoever put the photobucket instructions in the Wikki, wonderfully clear even for a dipstick like me! Moiramary.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Hi Moiramary

Not sure you can do much with this photo I will have a good look over weekend

Comment

Thanks from Moiramary

Hi Brain, Thank you for your reply. I realise the photo is in a bad state and I'm really grateful that you are prepared to have a go. I will be happy with the result whatever it is. Thanks again, Moiramary.

Comment

Rachal what do you think about this one, I think maybe remove granny from photo what do you think? Its a real tuffy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
          Rachal what do you think about this one, I think maybe remove granny from photo what do you think? Its a real tuffy lol
          Darn, I was avoiding it ! :( but yes I think that's about the only way.

Wonder if this sort of thing might work ? more chooks and an arty filter ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Trouble is the bottom part of her body has faded away, what ever we do, it will look bad, its one of them photos thats to far gone.

Comment

Hi Moiramary

I think this photo is to far gone for me to do anything, unless Rachel or someone else can do something with it then your out of luck I am afraid, I am so sorry.
              What Rachel has done is about the best it gets I afraid

Comment

How about this? Haven't done much to the photo though.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Using Rachels image

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

That was only a quickie but looking at it again I can't think of another solution.
                    It may be possible to find her some feet although with so much detail lost they could look a bit odd.

Isn't anyone else going to have a go ?

Oh Hello Wendy you sneaked in while I was typing

well done :D
                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Here's another

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 18-03-09, 08:22.

Comment

I have to say this - isn't our Rachel FANTASTIC
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

hello Chrissie .. I quite agree !!! :D :o :p

Seriously, this one works OK for me except that I have a bit of an issue with the roofline and that thing that looks like a window.

Followed the slope of the roof, but as you can see, the perspective is weird.

Will come back and sort it later.

Comment

Well like I said can't do much so I tidyed her up a bit and framed her and rasied the resolution of the photo, Not great but not alot to work with really.

This ones a bit darker

Comment

Hi, You people might be less than pleased with your results, but I think they are great, a hugh improvement! Thank you so much for all the time and effort you must have put in. I'm going to send a copy to my Mum, I know she'll be thrilled. Moira.

Comment

A little more foliage and some flowers

Comment

Rachel, It is beautiful, you are some sort of a wizardess! I,m going to use it for a Mother's Day card for Mum. Thank you so much. Moira.

Comment

What a good idea ... should make a nice card

I can't stop playing with it so just ignore me ...
                                    this one has a lighter background

Comment

Working...
                                    X