Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got access to the 1910 US Census?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got access to the 1910 US Census?

I have tantalisingly seen that Ancestry have my entire Brierley family (descendants on my Alexander line) on the 1910 census at Worcester Mass.

I knew that Vernon Brierley settled there, but it looks as though the whole family are with him.

If someone could let me have the details, I'd be really grateful.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Hi Elizabeth,
    I will PM you shortly - I think I have found your family but could you confirm I have the correct people.

The problem I have is 1910 they are in Brooklyn, NY, head is a John b 1855 and wife Sarah b 1859 .
    I may have the wrong ones here so will keep looking with other spellings
    ================

1920 - Worcester Mass. - spelling is BREERLY
    Sarah A Breerly, b 1852 England
    Mabel b 1880
    Vernon b 1882.
    Let me know if I am on the correct track before I proceed.
    Best wishes
    herky
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

have pmd you the 1910 census

Comment

Val, thanks - I have pmd you.

Herky - thanks as well -
        the 1920 ones are correct!

They were Robert (probably dead)
        Sarah Ann
        Mabel
        Vernon Robert
        Gladys Mary
        Alexander

all born in Lancashire.

Many thanks!:D
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

There are a few other bits for Vernon including his WW1 draft reg card which gives his mothers name and their address at the time.

Did you want anything else?
          Fiona. xx

Comment

Fiona, anything on the family would be great. It'd be a bonus if it gave names of spouses and children.

I have a photo of Vernon from my grandfather's visit in 1945 (before the end of the war). My granddad worked at Farnborough as an engineer - he worked on lots of prototypes and was sent over.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Doesn't look as though Vernon had any children. He married a Phoebe and they took a couple of trips together from what I can find, once to Bermuda and a trip to Leeds in 1949. There is an address he his going to as well.
              Fiona. xx

Comment

Thanks for your help, Fiona.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                X