Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Multimedia to tree software

Hello All
    I cuurently run Roots Magic as my preferred tree software and I am generally pleased with it, however one problem I have is that when I store a multimedia file to its scrapbook it only saves it as a link as per this explanation from the help file

"When you add an item to the scrapbook, RootsMagic does not store the item in the database itself, it stores a link to the item on your hard drive. So if you move your RootsMagic files to a different computer, you also must copy your scrapbook items to the other computer."

Does all tree software do this or are there programmes which store the info within the programme itself?

Regards
    L

Family Tree maker stores files in its scrapbook

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I believe (still learning the software though), that Family Historian gives you the option to link or embed the image in the software.

Comment

Yes, Family Historian gives you the option of linking or embedding, but I think it suggests that linking is preferable. Embedding makes the Family Historian file very large.

scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Working...
        X