Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is safe to remove from start up ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is safe to remove from start up ???

This pc takes ages to load up and I want to remove whats not needed from start up
    Is there any way of knowing without googling whats safe to remove or maybe whats best to leave ???
    Thanks

Val...................

If you make a mistake, you can make things worse

Computers are individual things, no one can advise you what to stop running, because you have not told them what is!

You will probably get a lot of 2Install this" or "run this" refering to 'cleaner programs', if so, don't bother.

If you have a new laptop
    Not a lot installed on it yet
    And an amount of RAM around the 1GB area, then a few processes working in the background will make very little difference.

........................If it aint broke...........................
    .....................Don't fix it!.................................

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

hi and thanks this isnt a laptop its my old pc I am clearing it out so if anybody wants to use it when they visit like my kids they can use this one as all my stuff has been taken of it now .
      It only needs the basics .

Comment

Val
        From 'Start'
        Go to 'Run'
        Type in MSCONFIG
        Screen print the information you see in the 'Startup' section
        PM it to me and I will advie you

Trev

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          Val...................

If you make a mistake, you can make things worse

Computers are individual things, no one can advise you what to stop running, because you have not told them what is!

You will probably get a lot of 2Install this" or "run this" refering to 'cleaner programs', if so, don't bother.

If you have a new laptop
          Not a lot installed on it yet
          And an amount of RAM around the 1GB area, then a few processes working in the background will make very little difference.

........................If it aint broke...........................
          .....................Don't fix it!.................................
          Totally Agree.....

'Safe' when it comes to PCs is one hell of a grey area, not helped by the fact that once it has been taken out of the box and used, no two installations are alike...
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

okay you have convinced me to leave well alone

Comment

Working...
            X