big ask!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big ask!

I am still trying to find the death of William (born Robert) Hatch. Born c.1873, ecclesall bierlow, yorkshire. Birth of last child was 1911. Moved from yorkshire to various places in surrey (where children were born) and then to Teddington (last known address from childs marriage in 1926). It doesn't say deceased after his name so I am presuming he is still alive (although he could be deceased, as they didn't always put deceased). He was a master tailor but I cannot find anything in the directories that I can access. So the last known time I believe he was alive is 1926. Can anyone help? It would be great to find it today as I am off to Teddington tomorrow to 'have a look aound'. If there is no joy then I am going grave hunting at the churches tomorrow!!
    Thanks to you all
    Tessie

Do you have any other info about him, Tessie? Parents? Marriage? Was William his middle name?
    Last edited by lorry53; 07-03-09, 16:21.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

There are a number of deaths registered with surname Hatch in Brentford which I believe covers Teddington. There is a William J in Sep 1929 3a 76 but from the estimated age would have been born about 1878.
      Last edited by rkic; 07-03-09, 16:26. Reason: Correct typo
      Robert

Comment

Is this him in the 1901 census?

William Robert Hatch 29 born Beerlow, Yorkshire, England abt 1872
        Edith Mary Hatch 24
        Louisa Ellen Hatch 4
        Albert Edward Hatch 3
        Florence Gertrude Hatch 16 months

He was in the Kingston district in 1911
        Last edited by lorry53; 07-03-09, 16:36.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Yes that is him in 1901! His birth was Robert William Hatch, for reasons unknown he then becomes William Hatch (other posts and help from others to work that out etc)! I have tried searching free bmd but for some reason it stops at 1935 (with/without putting a county). I have tried Ancestry also. I am thinking I will have to trawl through the indexes!

Comment

I'm thinking you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              Yes that is him in 1901! His birth was Robert William Hatch, for reasons unknown he then becomes William Hatch (other posts and help from others to work that out etc)! I have tried searching free bmd but for some reason it stops at 1935 (with/without putting a county). I have tried Ancestry also. I am thinking I will have to trawl through the indexes!
              Volunteers transcribe the indexes for FreeBMD. They have done a fantastic job to make free transcriptions of the indexes available from 1837 right up to the 1930s and are still working hard but yes, for the time being you will need to trwl the images of the index yourself.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I assume you have found the family in 1911 census still living at Kingston.
                Have not downloaded records in view of cost, but they are shown on searches

Comment

Hi Judith, I wondered if that was the case but wasn't sure.
                  Holcan, I do have them on the 1911, I am going to Teddington tomorrow so I am going to have a look at some of the graves!
                  I will start trawling tonight!
                  Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                  X