1911 census in Wales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census in Wales.

As strange as it might seem, I had my first look into the 1911 census yesterday.
    (Most of mine had moved to Scotland by the mid to late 1800's.).

I did manage to fine a few who had returned to England.
    I then had a look for my Welsh relatives but failed.
    Does anyone know if Wales is not available yet and when it is likely to come on-line.
    Many thanks.
    herky
    Last edited by herky; 07-03-09, 12:48. Reason: spelling
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Not available yet, but hopefully some time within the next few months.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Wales not yet available.
      From the 1911 census blog : ... the best indication we can give for Wales, Islands and Military at present is summer 2009 but we hope this is more useful than saying nothing!
      Elaine

Comment

I got excited thinking that it had been released! :(My OH family are all Welsh and I've been helping his Mum and we were talking about this the other night.

*waits patiently and is grateful it's not my family*;)
        Clare

Comment

Many thanks Kite and Elaine.
          My direct line great granny came from Wales but married a Scot and lived in Scotland. I would like to look further at her sisters and their children so a few months to wait is good news.
          Thanks.
          herky
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

oooops - experimenting with the fonts and sizes - I hope you had a magnifying glass to read my last mail.
            herky:o
            herky

Comment

It says in the latest issue of Ancestors magazine that the enumerators' summary sheets (for the counties that are already online) are now available on the 1911 site but I can't see them on there.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I've just looked for them, can't see them or anything saying when they will be available but saw this

"The National Archives set an accuracy threshold of 98.5 per cent, and at launch the accuracy of the 1911census.co.uk website exceeded this figure." (1911 Official Website)

How exactly can they know that?! It's only through use that the inaccuracies come up surely? I've got a lot of images and I'd say over half have mistakes in transcription!
                Clare

Comment

Working...
                X