FTM 2009 reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 reports

Does anyone else have this glitch on FTM 2009 individual reports?

If I go to 'items to include' and want to change the options for a particular fact (eg not putting 'in', or including the description), when I save it the fact name appears twice eg Occupation: Occupation: 1819 etc etc.

Bit hard to explain but it's driving me potty. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to rekey a lot of my data because it seems to be in the wrong fields for FTM 2009 (I started off with FTM 2005).

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Does anyone else have this glitch on FTM 2009 individual reports?

If I go to 'items to include' and want to change the options for a particular fact (eg not putting 'in', or including the description), when I save it the fact name appears twice eg Occupation: Occupation: 1819 etc etc.

Bit hard to explain but it's driving me potty. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to have to rekey a lot of my data because it seems to be in the wrong fields for FTM 2009 (I started off with FTM 2005).
    Yep it does that on mine too :(

I too changed from 2005 and I'm slowly going through rekeying data. I do like the space (discription) for putting in extra data. eg: census details for children still with parents I put :
    date: year,
    place: address,
    descrption: with parents
    so I can see everthing at a glance

Overall I do prefer the 2009 version even though am having to reorganize a lot of data. I think it will be worth it in the end.

There are one or two other 'glitches', which hopefully they'll put right with further updates.
    Sue

Comment

That's why I have never upgraded from 2006
      Too many poor programming errors in 2009 for my liking.
      I have never upgraded software, just because it is the latest version and always wait a number of months, to see what problems others who have upgraded get.

To coin my favourite phrase
      When it comes to hardware or software
      "If it aint broke........don't fix it"

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X