Inland Revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inland Revenue

Hello. Can you please help me to find where I would find out and why The Inland Revenue were after my BM's husband, when Kenneth King died in June 1987 .The Inland Revenue were after any member of his family. They even tried my BM's family to see if they knew. My BM had only been married to Ken for a few years , so they knew nothing . After Ken died his branch of the King family ended . I would now like to fine out,if I can what happened and why ????
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

The only people who could help you are the Inland Revenue, now Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. Can't see them making this sort of info available, even after 20 years, when the request stems from curiosity.
    ...Dugless

Comment

Dugless--- The Curiosity stems from the fact that Ken is/was my step-father. All this has just come to light for me, living ' Down Under " does make life difficult at times
      Sheila

Comment

Sheila,

Put HMRC into Google and you'll get links to their website and ways of contacting them. Had a quick look, but couldn't find an email address for your sort of enquiry. You may have more luck. However, my OH used to work for them and she says that they are unlikely to disclose this sort of info.

....D

Comment

The basic reason for the IR to be chasing anyone, is because they suspect tax fraud or tax evasion, no other reason really.

As Dugless has said, they are extremely unlikely to divulge this kind of information to a third party, but it is worth a try.

OC

Comment

OC I don't think that I would like to open that can of worms, but the thought as you say about fraud has made a dull quite rosey as they were honest people but then tax evasion that is an other thing. I do know that the line died with Ken.

Colin I have pm'ed you
            Regards
            Sheilafromdownunder

Comment

Are you saying that when he died he had no known living relative, had your BM died, or the marriage ended? If so, and he didn't make a will, it may not be tax evasion as such but just tracking down any possible claimants on his estate before it was wound up. Perhaps the death wasn't notified to to the tax office promptly and they thought some benefits had been overpaid, or death duties might have been payable. Lots of possiblilities really.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Working...
              X