Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampshire missing on IGI? Looking for Halfacre / Halfacree

Evening all,
    I am looking at the Halfacre / Halfacree line of my family at the moment, and there is a distinct lack on IGI.
    Does anyone know where else I can look?
    THey were originally from Hartley Whitney, Hampshire (as far as I have managed to go anyway) and moved to Oxford around 1850.

Thank you.

Have you tried the Hampshire OPC - there are some Hartley Wintney records there
    The page you are looking for doesn't exist or has been moved.

Also try this one
    Hampshire Family History - Parish Registers
    Elaine

Comment

Brilliant,
      Thanks Elaine, will look now.

Comment

Karen - Elaine has spelt the placename correctly, in case you didn't notice.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I have a CD with Hartney Wintney BMDs covering 1780 to 1812. If you are interested send me a PM with details.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi ... in my family tree I have a George Henry HALFACRE who married into our family who was born in Odiham, Hartley Whitney, Hampshire on 11 February 1871. I have a copy of his birth record from the UK (for some reason typed); his marriage certificate to his first wife, Emily RAGGETT (they were married on 05 November 1894 in Odiham); his second marriage certificate (to my relative), Amy Winifred BROWN (on 08 February 1915 in Papanui (a suburb of Christchurch), Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand; George Henry HALFACRE's death certificate; the birth and death certificates for his two wives also. In regards to his second wife, they had a girl in 1916 who only survived for 2 days and I have a copy of her death certificate. I also have a copy of the passenger list for when George, his first wife, Emily and there children left to come over to New Zealand.

Send me a PM if you like with your e-mail address and I can e-mail you through copies of this info.

One of George and Emily's children (being there youngest, Isabel) ended up marrying one of my relatives - I have just ordered her death certificate which I hope to receive within the next week. I can also send this through to you if you like?

If you have any information in regards to any of George and Emily's children, I would be interested to know ... so I can try to order there records at some stage in the future. I am keen to know if all were born in the UK, or if some were born in the USA as I understand from a person that once e-mailed me that George left England for the USA at age 19 and that he returned to England 3 times before immigrating to New Zealand, which is why I wonder if possibly some of there children were born in America, as I wonder if his wife also travelled with him to America or if these trips were before he married.

I understand also from this same person that George and Emily had the following children: Harry (died in infancy); Ruth (died in infancy); Adella (died in infancy); Mary (1894-1894); Dorothy Mabel (1901-1985); Albert John (1903-1977); Richard John (1906-1961) and Isabel (1907-1990).

Kind regards

Michaela

Comment

Michaela, welcome to the forum.

KarenMG hasn't been on the forum for some time, but if you send her a private message, she will be notified of it by email if her address hasn't changed in the meantime.

Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

George, Emily, Dorothy, Albert and Richard are shown on Ancestry, returning from New York on the "New York". Arrival 19 May 1907 in Southampton. All shown as Englis born.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Caroline and thanks Trina for the info :-). Actually I think I found the birth and death record for Harry Halfacre last night, not long after posting to this form which is great, who appears to have been born and died in the UK.

Comment

My Halfacre ancestors were all from Berkshire so not sure if this is any help. There is still a family firm of builders in Maidenhead or was a few years ago.
                    joan p

Comment

To all you Halfacres out there.
                      I have a marriage certificate which is a different Halfacre family to mine. It is William Halfacre b Whitchurch who married Charlotte Whitfield also b Whitchurch on 2 Nov 1944 in the Parish Church Whitchurch. William's occupation is carpenter - the same as his father Francis. His wife's father is John Whitfiled - Blacksmith & the witnesses were Thomas & Sarah Whitfield. If it is part of your family I am happy to pass it on. My Wiliam Halfacre 1803-1883 b Binfield had 2 wives so I ordered 2 certificates but only one was the right one.
                      joan p

Comment

Hi Karen. My name is Joan Harris (Halfacre). I live on the south east coast of NSW Australia. My Grandfather George Thomas Halfacre was born in Hartley Whitney in 1878 and ran away from home at ten years of age and ended up in Australia. His father was Alfred Halfacre and he was born in Wokingham Berkshire in 1854. Do you think that could be who you are looking for.
                        Regards Joan.

Comment

Hello, Joellen, Welcome to FTF!

I think it's possible that Karen may not see your message here, since she doesn't seem to have been around much since summer 2009. That being so, I'll see if any of the more experienced mods can suggest how you can pass on your meesage in such a way that Karen will see it.

If you have a look at post number 7 on this thread, you'll see that you aren't alone in trying to contact Karen!

Christine
                          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 25-03-11, 14:26.
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

HI joan P My ancestors Alfred Halfacre born 1854 and and his father Charles I think born about 1828 or there abouts came from Berkshire. Are they your ancestors also. regards Joan Harris Australia.

Comment

I think we have the same relation!

Comment

Working...
                              X