Help with District Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with District Please

I've just looked up the birth of a second cousin and found it quite plainly typed, but, the district says 'Hondon' which I've never heard of. My first thought was London but it looks so clear. I used FMP and I don't think that it makes much difference which one you use, but could someone please look it up somewhere else and let me know what you think.

Oops sorry, it's a 1941 birth and I've just realised that she is probably still living, if anyone could do a look-up could you please pm me.

Thanks in advance

Margaret
    Margaret

I'd be happy to look if you PM me the details.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Could be Hendon.
      Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
        Could be Hendon.
        True, there's the one in London and one in the east end of Sunderland.
        There's also a Hondón in Spain
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I don't know the surname so I can't look, but bear in mind HONITON (in Devon).

If the i and the t are written close together perhaps they could be confused.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

This is the record, I've left the names off in case still alive

Jan Feb Mar 1941
            Registration district: Hendon
            Registration county: Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex
            Volume Number: 3a
            Page Number: 700
            Daphne

Comment

Thank you very much everyone, particularly Daphne for her look-up.

Margaret
              (another Geordie in exile)
              Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X