The Lancet 1853

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lancet 1853

Are copies of the Lancet generally available?

I was doing a Google book search and came across the following:

The Lancet‎
    Medicine - 1853
    Page 551
    ... Hereford-place, Commercial-road, £5 ; Thomas Quintrell, 114, Drury- lane, £5
    ; W.Hawkins, 17, Whitechapel- road, £3 ; Francis Appleton, 75, Hackney-road, ...
    No preview available - About this book - Add to my shared library - More editions

The Thomas Quintrell mentioned is the brother of my 2xgreat grandfather (unless it is his eldest son).

Thomas was born in Landport (Portsmouth) in 1822 and became a tea dealer and grocer - in Drury Lane.

In about 1860 he moved to Bedford with his family, where he died in 1863. His young son Thomas George (born Jun qr 1849) died in Bedford in 1866.

Perhaps they moved for health reasons.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Historic copies of The Lancet are probably in medical libraries and The British Library. I think you should be able to order photocopy of a sp[ecific issue through your local library on the inter library loan scheme.
    Last edited by Little Nell; 06-03-09, 17:15.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell, thanks for the information. I'd like to know what he was paying £5 for!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
      X