Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone read what this name is please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read what this name is please?

Sorry it's not very clear. I won't tell you what I think the name is, or what it is supposed to be, until I see what you think.

Thank you
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

(Geo + Mary Ann) ?
    Last edited by JulesSmith; 06-03-09, 11:41.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

It looks like Geo (George) & Mary Anne to me.
      Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Tevers, Bardinge Fiorenze?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Though looking at FreeBMD Tevers doesn't seem to exist as a surname, so is it Jevers?
          KiteRunner

Comment

Or Fevers?

I think the second word looks like Harding.
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I suppose it's cheating to look at Family Search, but it says Hardinge Fiorenzo Tevers on there, but there are several other children of the same parents listed as Jevers in the same batch, so it probably should be Hardinge Fiorenzo Jevers.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Jevers, Hardinge or Bardinge, and Fiorenze

Comment

Tevers Harding Finenz
                  (Geo and Mary Ann)

That's what I see anyway!
                  Anne

Comment

Jevers and Hardinge are both peoples surnames.......

Comment

could the last one even be a mispelled Jennings?

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions - I think! :p

I was hoping he was the son of George & Mary Ann TIVERS. The date fits, and the area for them at that time. I just couldn't understand why they would call their son Hardinge or Fiorenze, when their other 2 sons were Charles Cleveland Carter (Mary Ann's MN) TIVERS & George Gideon Gustavus TIVERS.

Mind you I suppose the other 2 sons hardly had 'usual' names did they. ;)
                        Their names have been handed down through the generations since then - my Grandad's middle name was Gustavus and one of his brothers was Cleveland and a nephew was Gideon.

I've just found the marriage of George TEVER & Mary Ann GAIGER (I know she was a widow nee CARTER) on IGI for 2 October 1810. This is definitely them so maybe this wasn't their child.
                        Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 06-03-09, 18:09. Reason: adding a bit!

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

It's Fiorenzo.

Edit to say:

There was a Captain Hardinge and his ship's name was San Fiorenzo

Last edited by Guest; 06-03-09, 18:48.

Comment

I think that's where they got the name I just realised it says

PAD3124 Capt George Nicholas Hardinge R.N. & Commander of H.M. Frigate San Fiorenzo. He fell Mar.8.1808

Comment

Thanks for that Maggie.

It looks like he may be "mine" after all then

Now I just have to find out what happened to him as I haven't found any other reference under this name. Maybe he changed it rather than go through life explaining how he got his name :D

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

What year were the other sons born?

Comment

The San Fiorenzo seems to have been moderately famous.....

Comment

It was very famous also there is a Gideon Hardinge. They were a naval family I think.

And Gustavus was the Swedish king who help send ships to one of the battles but I'm not on whose side he was. Napoleons or ours.

As you can see Naval history isn't one of my fortes :D
                                    Last edited by Guest; 06-03-09, 20:56.

Comment

The other sons were born in 1811 (Charles) and 1813 (George).

Maybe George Tiver(s)/Tever(s) was a sailor on board the San Fiorenzo and why he called his sons after his Captain and his ship..
                                      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 06-03-09, 21:06.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Sorry Kite, I've just re read this all the way through and I missed your #7 the first time round :o

I guess Hardinge Fiorenzo isn't one of mine after all as his siblings clash with the birth dates of my rellies. :( It must have been George Jevers that sailed on the San Fiorenzo.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Thank you all for your suggestions & thoughts. Sorry I led you on a wild goose chase ;)

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
                                        X