Death of Robert Charles Penny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Robert Charles Penny

I am trying to find the death of Robert Charles Penny born Rushton Dorset in 1879.
    He lived up until 1905 in Somerset/Dorset border, but Roberts second son (my grandfather) was born (1905)and lived in Devonport Devon.

I know Robert and his wife Sarah Anne Penny had both died by 1941 as their first son was killed along with his family in Plymouth blitz, and the late Robert Charles and Sarah Anne Penny are mentioned in the transcript by Commonwealth Graves Commission.

Any assistance greatfully received

Regards

Stu

Name: Robert C Penny
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
    Year of Registration: 1915
    Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Age at Death: 35
    District: Devonport
    County: Devon
    Volume: 5b
    Page: 596
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Fantastic, thank you very much.

Does this mean he died in Devonport or could he have been a ww1 casualty?

Stu

Comment

If he was a WW1 casualty then his details should be on the CWGC website. If his death was registered at Devonport then he died in Devonport registration district, not necessarily in the town of Devonport.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

i see thak you for that.

Would I be able to find cause of death via Death Cert or is there a faster internet way of finding out?

Regards

Stu

Comment

Death cert is the only way I know of. Will give you address of death too.
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by stuart Penny View Post
              i see thak you for that.

Would I be able to find cause of death via Death Cert or is there a faster internet way of finding out?

Regards

Stu
              Under normal circumstances the death certw ould be the way to go, unless he was killed in an accident and there is something about it in a newspaper. (finding that could cost as much!! lol)

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
                Name: Robert C Penny
                Estimated Birth Year: abt 1880
                Year of Registration: 1915
                Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
                Age at Death: 35
                District: Devonport
                County: Devon
                Volume: 5b
                Page: 596
                Just as a reminder the numbers for Volume and Page are the GRO references ONLY, and useless if you go through the 'local register office'

however if you order online from the GRO at southport then you WILL need all the refs/numbers above.

Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Ok,
                  I confuss I am not really sure how to go about this. I see that Ancestry will charge about £19.
                  I noted on Merry's sig it mentions £7.

Who do I approach?

Comment

General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by stuart Penny View Post
                      Ok,
                      I confuss I am not really sure how to go about this. I see that Ancestry will charge about £19.
                      I noted on Merry's sig it mentions £7.

Who do I approach?
                      Stu,

Do NOT use Ancestry for certs it is a rip off!! they only cost £7...

use the link that kite gave you, it is quite straight forward to use and will only cost you £7 just read it very carefully (the destructions for the GRO site) and you will be fine

any probs and shout up
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your input.
                        Jules has located the right Robert C Penny. My father has confirmed that his Grandad died very young in devonport. Shame he cant remember how!

So thank very much.

Stu

Comment

Hi Stu

Have you seen the 'Somerset Coalfield Connection', it has quite a few Penny's on there, but be warned there are mistakes too, I did email the chap but he still hasn't change it.

Just put it in Google and it should come up if not give me a shout and I will put up a link (well try to).:D
                          www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
                          http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

some links about
                            'Somerset Coalfield Connection'

RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: Somerset Coalfield Connections
                            ENGLAND: Somerset Coalfield Connections :: FamilyTreeCircles.com Genealogy
                            A disused Somerset colliery on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
                            Somerset Coal Canal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            Radstock Museum - Exhibits
                            High Littleton and Hallatrow Parish Records - transcribed by Michael L. Browning
                            wye surrey/london/birmingham
                            lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
                            hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
                            ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
                            herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
                            armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Thank you Chrissy and Tinkerbe,

I will take a look and see what i can find.

Stu

Comment

........No one fits....oh well thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X