Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anyone Join The Genealogical Dots, Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Join The Genealogical Dots, Please?

Redacted

Why does WH think George has brothers in Suffolk? He can't know they are brothers unless he has baptism records for them.

Any clues on marriage certs?

I'd say the gentlemen's club thing sounds convincing, and people often travelled quite a way in their lives though others did stay and inbreed in the same village!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Have the family bible records all been checked against the actual baptism records? Family Bibles are notorious for being filled in much later after the events happened.

Janet

Comment

I had to look up "internecine" that's a new one for me

Comment

I too would check the family Bible against the parish baptism registers. If you can find George and his brothers, then their parents marriage perhaps, then maybe parents baptisms. That's the paper trail you need to follow, I have got back to around 1600 this way.

To connect to the Wiltshire Hunts, you need to follow the baptisms you found, perhaps of George's uncles and great uncles to see if any disappear from Suffolk and maybe reappear in Wiltshire, or follow the Wiltshire lot backwards to see when they appear there.

I have two COLE families who came from the same area of Rutland, but no amount of parish records so far found gives any clue as to the link between them - I have a pencilled tree of possibilities, but I think that's as far as I can go with visiting the local area for searching other primary records stashed away in Record Offices.
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Redacted

Comment

pen, i have an alderson from ravenstonedale in westmoreland.
              here we go. elizabeth alderson, married john adamthwat in 1606. i might have her as born in 1593 to a john. im descended from her grandaughter elizabeth adamthwaite, who married george potter of orton in 1674.

any match at all?

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  Northallerton is getting towards the Yorkshire Dales and I go there a lot but have never yet carved out the time to try and find her birth!

i know what that feels like!!

Comment

You say that some of the 'kids' were baptised at the Baptist Chapel, Baptist don't go in for infant baptism they do it as adults.

Comment

Working...
                    X