X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduction in time limit for downloading from TNA Documents Online

I've just noticed this on The National Archives Documents Online home page:

Downloading your documents
    Please note that you now have 28 days to download your order, instead of 56 days. This will enable you to download your documents more quickly.

So if they reduced the time limit to one minute, I suppose it would "enable" us to download them even more quickly?! Anyway, just thought I should mention it.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

I've often wondered if anyone doesn't download their doc immediately! I can't imagine waiting for even 56 seconds, never mind 56 days, or even 28!

Comment

How could you go to the effort of paying for a document without downloading it immediately!

I heard the postman this morning and I was dripping wet from the shower, but I rushed downstairs as I thought a death certificate might arrive (I have ordered 4) and sure enough it was there! I had to dry myself off before opening it as I didn't want the print to run!:o
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I think "encourage" would have been a more appropriate word than "enable"!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Or "force".
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X