Help deciphering will please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help deciphering will please

im new on this site today and i was told that there maybe a thread where i can upload my grt grt granpa will. but please be warned its 3 pages long.
    my eyesite isnt as good as it once was and the writing is difficult to read,
    thnx
    jacki

Jacki, welcome to the site. I'm moving your post into a new thread of its own so people can see what it's about more easily.

Do you want the whole thing transcribed, or is it just a few words you're struggling with? I don't think you will be able to upload the whole will directly to this site but if you want it transcribed then shout - someone will volunteer to have you email it to them! If it's just a few words you're having trouble deciphering, then if you can get just those words into an image you should be able to attach it to a post using the paperclip.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thnx again i emd you. yeah you are right
      "let the challenge begin"
      cos i havent got a clue about paperclip. sorry think i should stop for now and read the instruction on here.
      but once i understand what is what then i will start again.
      jacki

Comment

If you click on the "Post Reply" button, then you should get a screen with a big box to type your reply in, and lots of little symbols above it, one of them being a paperclip. If you click on it then a new window will pop up for you to add attachments to your post. But the size limits for these are quite small, which is why you would only be able to use that method to add a few words from the will. Some people have tried posting images of a whole page of a will up on their own sites or on photobucket etc and then posting a link to them, but those often seem to end up too small to read!

This link should take you to the info on how to add attachments to a post:
        Family Tree Forum - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

If you ordered your copy of the will from a record office then you may find that you had to agree not to post a full image of it up on the internet - did you have to sign a copyright form at all? In which case you would be best to email the will to someone anyway.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

didnt sign anything

hello,
          as far as i remember I didnt sign anything,,,it's a copy from the cheshire.thnx for your advice.
          jacki

Comment

Working...
          X