another brick wall!!! part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another brick wall!!! part 2

Thanks to merry for answering my previous post!
    Now Harry is 17 in the 1911 and a British Army Metalsmith. I was wondering if he was called up or joined up for the ww1, but having tried searching ancestry I can't see anyone who would match. There is one but there seems to be only 1 image and I can't read it. Parents aren't mentioned on this one page so I can't tell if he is the one I am after!

And just a quick mention back to the 1911. I like to get the original transcript as it shows how many children they had, how many are still living and how many died! Sadly for one of mine, 10 born, six living and four died. I found one who was six when he died, but the other three are not mentioned on any other census', will I have to trawl through the birth indexs then deaths to see if I can match any up to my family?
    Thanks again for all you wonderful help

Harry who?

In answer to your second question - yes. It can be tricky though. Mine have about 50 possibles between the marriages and 1911 lol
    Might be easier to find baptisms if you can view the original registers.
    Tracy

Comment

Harry Beaumont (sorry!!).
      I will start trawling tomorrow then! Don't fancy getting addicted this time of the night!
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeblossom View Post
        Harry who?
        Could be Beaumont from Sheffield, but that's guessing!

Comment

Ahh, finally found one from Sheffield. Pages are a bit worn and torn, but will see if there's any next of kin or anything else to identify him.

Next of Kin - Henry Beaumont, Father. 151 Woodside Lane, Pitsmoore

I think his number is 1415 or 1418. 4th (Hallamshire) Bn, York & Lancaster regiment.

You can find him with birthplace as St Pauls - there's 13 pages (actually only 9 ) for him.
          Last edited by Orangeblossom; 04-03-09, 22:15.
          Tracy

Comment

yes! if his father is Henry then that one is him. Wow!! Pitsmoore and St Pauls in yorkshire? I will have a google. Thanks, this gives me somethings to look into properly!!
            Thanks again!!

Comment

did you look under service records or pension?

Comment

I think it was Service Records.
                Tracy

Comment

thanks, got it!

Comment

Working...
                  X