another brick wall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another brick wall!!!

Thanks to Geraldine for her help yesterday, I now have some more family members to search and trace, and boy are they getting on my nerves. Whether it is me being blind or them staring me in the face I don't know!
    I am only after some advice as this all relates to the 1911 census!

Elizabeth Beaumont born c.1886, Sheffield- on freebmd there are 2 possible marriages. Search the 1911 no matches for either surname. Search for her with MMN and 3 possible hits. My question: is it worth me spending 30 credits to find the right one?

Robert Beaumont born c.1888, Sheffield- on freebmd there are 2 possible marriages. Search 1911 no matches for him! My question: where to now?

I have another couple of questions but will wait as I hate overloading you all with nothing but questions!
    Thanks for looking!
    Tessie

The 1909 marriage is Elizabeth Beaumont to Walter Hebdige. I have found them in 1911 but Eliz says she was born in 1890 in Darnall and there's an Eliz Beaumont on the 1901 with the same details, so presumably not yours.

Will have a look at the earlier marriage now.............

Comment

For the 1908 marriage I think it's likely George Cragg married Alice Wilkinson as their are births of children in the right place with the right mmn after 1911.

Having a look for the more difficult Morrisons! lol

Comment

That looks more hopeful. Elizabeth Morrison is 26 and born Sheffield and living there with John aged 31 who was born somewhere other than Sheffield. After the census there are three children b in Sheffield District with mmn Beaumont.

Can't say this is 100% your Elizabeth, but could well me!

Comment

I think this is the husband:

Births Jun 1880
          MORRISON John Isidore Wolverhampton 6b 595

He doesn't seem to have used his middle name at marriage, but says he was married in 1908.

Comment

Robert's surname is spelled BEAMONT. He is with Florence aged 21. They also say they were married in 1908.

Comment

Marriages Jun 1908
              BEAUMONT Robert Sheffield 9c 972 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
              BURGESS May Sheffield 9c 972
              CARTER Frederick Charles Sheffield 9c 972
              Morton Florence Sheffield 9c 972 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Marriages Sep 1908
              BEAUMONT Elizabeth Sheffield 9c 837 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
              CRAGG George William Sheffield 9c 837
              MORRISON John Sheffield 9c 837 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
              WILKINSON Alice Sheffield 9c 837

Comment

thank you for that I wasn't looking at the right people. I thought the two top people married each other and the bottom two married each other. I hadn't thought about it the other way!! Thank you! Maybe I will post my other questions now that these are pretty much answered andlook into them further!
                Again thank you merry

Comment

Maybe I will post my other questions now
                  *fetches bottle and large glass*

Comment

sorry!!

Comment

Working...
                    X