Small print out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small print out

I use XP pro and a Canon Pixma500 printer / scanner. Sometimes but not always when trying to print out a page from my screen the print out is very small and almost unreadable.
    I have just tried to print a "Help" page off here, but instead of the full page I only get about a third of the size of the page.

Ken.
    Ken. ;)

Staveley, Richardson, Maunder, Stewart.

Do you have the right paper size selected?

Hopefully the Pixma500 works the same as my Pixma MP800:
    Instead of clicking on the Print icon (which prints automatically), depending on which program you're trying to print from, click on File > Print, or the arrow next to the Print button, or press Ctrl-P.
    Then click on Preferences > Page Setup and make sure you have A4 selected. (or a different size to match whatever paper size you're using)

Another possibility - does your printer have 2 paper sources? Mine has a "cassette" and an "auto sheet feeder", and I can alternate between the two with the "paper feed switch". I usually have A4 in the cassette and 4x6 photo paper in the auto sheet feeder, but sometimes forget to change the paper source, and end up with tiny prints on A4 paper or partial pages on photo paper.
    Last edited by Cloggie; 04-03-09, 17:26.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah,
      I am set up for A4 and I always use the same "main" feeder the one that feeds downwards from the back.
      The width of the print out is fine, its just that the print is very tiny. I've been in page set up and everything is correct.
      Ken.
      Ken. ;)

Staveley, Richardson, Maunder, Stewart.

Comment

In that case you could try contacting Canon support. Is it the MP500 you have?
        This link takes you to the FAQs for that printer: Consumer Products Support
        If you click on a question, at the bottom you'll see 3 buttons: yes; no, search through other FAQs; no, contact support. Click on the 3rd one to send a message to support.

You might also find something of use on this page: Canon PIXMA MP500 Inkjet Multifunctional - Canon UK
        Sarah

Comment

This is from memory - mine does the same at times - especially when I am printing from Preview - there is a selection on the Preview pane that lets you select various options - choose 100% and see if that makes a difference. For some reason it seems to keep the last selection used.
          There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Working...
          X