Jockey - how to find info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jockey - how to find info?

My uncle says that we're related to a Jockey who was in Switzerland. He thinks he's the son of my GGUncle.

Is there any way I could find out who he was and when he was riding?
    He would have been born about 1920-ish, I think.
    Tracy

Blimey, so was the guy English?

This is the Jockeys association

The PJA - Welcome to The Professional Jockeys Association

Apparently world wide:

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 04-03-09, 12:29.

Comment

Thanks Heather. Will have a look at those.

I think he was English. At least, according to my Uncle he was lol
      Tracy

Comment

Tracy
        I would be interested to hear if you find any information as my 1st cousing 3x removed was a jockey at Newmarket in 1891 and I have not managed to find any information about him.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

I posted the same question last year.

If you have a look on here & email them they'll be able to tell you when he held a jockey licence. Mine was 1901 - 1907

The Jockey Club - Q&A

With this info I then contacted Newmarket Library who provided me with names of the trainers/owners he'd worked for.

Newmarket Library

The next thing is to contact the National Horseracing Museum. I've never got round to writing the cheque yet, but not sure if they'll have anything else I haven't already found out.

Horseracing History Online - Send Feedback
          Jay

Comment

Thanks Jay

That first link you gave didn't work straight away, so I had to go to the homepage and find it from there. Got the address now. Did they charge you for finding out?
            Tracy

Comment

The info from the Jockey Club was free, they replied to my email within 24 hours.

I paid £1.00 to Newmarket library for photocopies from some racing calendars that had details of him, trainer, owner etc.

They were both really helpful.

Hope they're able to help you
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X