Photo restoration: new member request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo restoration: new member request

I've very recently joined the Forum and wonder if anyone could try and restore this photo please? It dates from 1936. Joy.
    Attached Files
    Joy

That attachment has come up too small to do anything with. The "attachment" option reduces the file size. You can post larger photo sizes using Photobucket. See this thread for instructions: How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum

(Also scan at 300-600 dpi if possible.)

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
      That attachment has come up too small to do anything with. The "attachment" option reduces the file size. You can post larger photo sizes using Photobucket. See this thread for instructions: How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum

(Also scan at 300-600 dpi if possible.)
      And please make sure you have the file size on maximum (1 megabyte)

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice. I'm clearly still doing something wrong as I can't seem to upload the photograph on to Photobucket. It says 'error on page' each time I try. I'm trying to find out from Photobucket what the problem is. If I scan at 600dpi and still use the attachment option, will it make the file big enough to work on? Sorry if this is a naive question, I'm not very well up on managing images. Joy
        Joy

Comment

Hi Joy
          As Brian says, submitting your photograph using the "attachment" option will seriously reduce the file size.

You do need to use a host site such as Pbucket.

Here are some scanning instructions

and these might help also

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi all ive uploaded this photo on Joy's behalf, could you wonderful photo experts see if you can fix it please.

Comment

Black/White from me

Comment

is it me or what the person on the back row lefthand side is it a girl?brenda xxx

Comment

Judging by the legs, I wouldn't think so

Comment

yes looks like a girl, looks like a girl 3 from the end on back row.

Comment

I thought that too. Looks like girls second from left and third from right on the back row! They do on the original as well.

Wow Rachel - how did you do the one with no face??? Fantastic.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                        Wow Rachel - how did you do the one with no face??? Fantastic.

Anne
                        :D That was the easy bit ... the rest was just HORRIBLE !!!!!

Comment

Thank you so much for this fantastic restoration job. Teresa uploaded it for me, as I'm having trouble using Photobucket. I can't believe the difference! It's a football team from 1936, and my Dad is kneeling on the far left, bottom row. He never mentioned playing football with any girls, but I have to admit that one or two of them do look quite feminine! Joy.
                          Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Lewis View Post
                            Thank you so much for this fantastic restoration job. Teresa uploaded it for me, as I'm having trouble using Photobucket. I can't believe the difference! It's a football team from 1936, and my Dad is kneeling on the far left, bottom row. He never mentioned playing football with any girls, but I have to admit that one or two of them do look quite feminine! Joy.
                            Your father really does look like one of OH's brothers. When I was restoring it I kept wanting to say hello ! :D

Comment

Sorry to sound ignorant, but who's OH? Incidentally I've just found the names of the people in the photograph, and the third one in from the left on the back row is named as Tommy Chappell (could be short for Thomasina I suppose!).

Could I ask another rather naive question? I have three particular photographs in need of restoration, but the actual photographs have gone missing, leaving only a photocopy in the space underneath. Can anything be done with photocopies or is it a hopeless case? Joy
                              Joy

Comment

OH stands for Other Half I think

Comment

Working...
                                X