I could do with some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could do with some help

I've lost someone who seems to disappear after 1901, although I haven't searched for her in the full death or marriage indices....

Clara Ada Whitty born in May 1872 Clerkenwell, London.

In 1891 she appears as Ada C Whitty in Holborn, an 18 year old servant born in Clerkenwell

In 1897 she married Thomas Nugent, an engineer, at St Paul Pear Tree Street Clerkenwell. He is born about 1872 in London and probably was known by or registered with a different first name.

In 1901, Ada C Nugent, married and aged 29, she is born in London and is the head of a household in Clerkenwell. She is a general servant with two nephews visiting her.

I don't suppose anyone can find her in 1911?
    Asa

*waves to Asa, dashes off to search*
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Hello Nell :-)
      Asa

Comment

*dashes back to admit defeat*

Have you looked for her husband?
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thank you Nell. I have to admit to being quite stumped by her husband. Thomas, engineer, bc1872, son of Charles Nugent, engineer. Same father details (and address) as Archibald Francis Nugent who married Ada's sister Louisa Whitty. But Thomas doesn't appear anywhere so I guess he was known by a different name? And then of course he isn't with Ada in 1901...
          Asa

Comment

This would seem to be Archibald with his family in 1881, now there is a Charles born abt 1872 but I am not able to see any of the family in 1891 to see if Charles is possible Charles Thomas and might be using that then.

RG11; Piece: 374; Folio: 117; Page: 27

What address do they give on their marriages?
            Fiona. xx

Comment

Thank you, Fiona - I think that's the family and also that Charles is quite likely Thomas but I've not been able to find a convincing match for him afterwards.

Having checked the marriages, the brothers both give their mother-in-law's address in Clerkenwell so it's not a lot of use:-)
              Asa

Comment

Have you found any birth for Archibald or a marriage for the parents? I don't seem to be having much luck. Don't even seem able to find Charles, Frances and their son George in 1871.
                Fiona. xx

Comment

Haven't tried to find Charles and Frances' marriage but Archibald is registered in 1875 Islington as Francis Archibald:-)

I can't find the family in 1871 either
                  Asa

Comment

Ok found Charles and Frances with George in 1871, living with Frances' family the Garraways. and there's a son Thomas for them.

They've been transcribed as Kingen

RG10; Piece: 129; Folio: 38; Page: 16 This has Frances, Charles, George and Thomas the rest of the family is on the page before.
                    Fiona. xx

Comment

Marriage would appear to be in 1868, little later than I thought.

Charles Adolphus Nugent
                      Frances Amelia Garraway

Dec 1868, Lambeth, 1d, 561
                      Fiona. xx

Comment

No, sorry. I did search but couldn't find.
                        Joy

Comment

Think this might be Thomas in 1881 at Surrey Certified Industrial School Byfleet

RG11; Piece: 769; Folio: 84; Page: 8;
                          Fiona. xx

Comment

Thank you so much Fiona - that looks like him and birthplace (other than Surrey!) fits in with some of the older siblings.
                            Asa

Comment

I ASA, my name is Rita Kuhn (Strauss).
                              I my be able to help you with information concerning Thomas Nugent and Clara Ada Whitty.
                              They are my grandfather's parents...my great-grand-parents. If you send me your e-mail, I could forward a document that I have.
                              Kind regards,
                              Rita

Comment

Sorry, send me your email adress, and I could forward the document that I have.

Regards
                                Rita

Comment

Asa has not been active since September, it might be better to send a private message (click on the name)

Comment

Okay, Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                    X