Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mepham....?

Evening all!

I’m a little stuck with this one! And unfortunately I have not got much info on this person.

But here goes.

I’m looking for John Mepham.

He was born - 1825
    Died - 1892

He married a Sarah Ann Martin (Became Mepham)

I was under the impression that he was born in Lewisham, London. Not sure if this is the case anymore.

I have found his death on the list, just can’t seem to find his birth.

I have also found 7 children of his (What a busy man - Think they had all the kids due to no TV??? :D )

Any info would be wicked!!

Thank you
    Matty.
    Regards
    Mattchew! :D

Have you found them on the censuses?
    Tracy

Comment

Providing I have the right person it looks as if he was born in Rotherfield, Sussex - as shown on the 1861/1871/1881 census.
      On the 1871/1881/1891 census he is shown as living in Lewisham.

What names or info do you have for the children so that we can cross check it.
      Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 03-03-09, 17:58.
      Elaine

Comment

Is this him in 1871? Says born Sussex?

RG10; Piece: 766; Folio: 17; Page: 25
        Fiona. xx

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeblossom View Post
          Have you found them on the censuses?
          I thought i did but not entirly sure. :o
          Regards

Comment

1851 has him born East Grinstead, he and Sarah are living in Sussex and looking at all the censuses I think they had more than 7 children.

HO107; Piece: 1641; Folio: 282; Page: 11

Marriage for John Mepham and Sarah Ann Martin was Sep 1847, E. Grinstead, 7, 479
            Last edited by fiona c; 03-03-09, 18:02.
            Fiona. xx

Comment

The IGI shows a christening for John Sepham on 6 March 1825, East Grinstead - parents Thomas Mepham and Hannah.

You would need to get the marriage certificate of John Sepham and Sarah to see if the name of father matches.
              Elaine

Comment

Do you have the marriage certificate with his fathers name?

There is a John Mepham christened 6 Mar 1825, East Grinstead, Sussex, parents Thomas and Hannah.

1841. HO107; Piece 1115; Book: 2;Folio: ; Page: 1
                Fiona. xx

Comment

I dont have anything sorry. I will look into what you all have said.

Thank you so much!
                  Regards

Comment

Can't help here, just looking in as I also have Mephams, but mine are all in Sussex around Heathfield, Battle, etc then Australia.

I do know mine had no imagination when it came to naming their children, but Benjamin was the name of choice for mine....lol

Good Luck with your search. If they left Sussex at least you might be able to track them more easily.

Ooooh...just noticed...yours married a Martin. Mine married Phoebe Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                      Can't help here, just looking in as I also have Mephams, but mine are all in Sussex around Heathfield, Battle, etc then Australia.

I do know mine had no imagination when it came to naming their children, but Benjamin was the name of choice for mine....lol

Good Luck with your search. If they left Sussex at least you might be able to track them more easily.

Ooooh...just noticed...yours married a Martin. Mine married Phoebe Martin.
                      Hi!

My Mephams had no imagination either! The kids all seem to be either named after a Nan/granddad or uncle/aunty.

They all have the same names!!!!
                      Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X