Hulland/Holland of cheadle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulland/Holland of cheadle

Hi I am new to this site, I am looking for anyone who can help with finding details of John Hulland who Married Lucy snape on 23 April 1793 at Cheadle Staffordshire. I know he had a daughter Ann christened 25 Feb 1811 at cheadle and John christened 14 Oct 1801 at Bethel Chaple Well Street -Independent, Cheadle.
    John and Lucy moved to Huyton with Roby before 1841 his age then was 70 and Lucy 60 on the 1851 Lucy ( age 78 Wid) and daughter hannah (age 58) living with son John and his family. If any one has come across any more of John and Lucy's children or What Johns occupation was I would love to hear from you

Jodie

You can look to see if Hulland or Holland appear in other people's family trees by clicking on the GEDCOM tab at the top of this page.

I don't know where the Cheadle parish registers are but you may need to see them, as the witnesses to the marriage may be family members and may help in your research.

1841 census ages were supposed to be rounded down to the nearest 5 and that seems to have happened as Lucy's age in 1851 is only 8 years more, so its likely that
    John was slightly older than 70.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thank you for that
      jodie

Comment

Welcome to The Site.
        In 1841 census he is in Huyton showing as a Rat Catcher, I think that's what it says?
        Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 512; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Huyton; County: Lancashire; Enumeration District: 1; Folio: 8; Page: 8; Line: 7; GSU roll: 306900.

Comment

Thanks Alan
          jodie

Comment

Working...
          X