IGI Batch Number Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI Batch Number Help

Does anyone know how I can find out more details about IGI Batch I013489?

It has contains many baptisms in Worcester inc 3 relevant to me but I cannot establish which parish. I have tried to match it using Hugh Wallis but have not been able to.

I am not at all familiar with what the "I" prefix indicates and would be grateful if anyone can help.

Many Thanks

UPDATE
    I have found that the I stands for indexing and refers to a new template implemented by LDS to replace M for marriages and C for Christenings. So more recent batches will start with I.
    Last edited by HeleninGlos; 03-03-09, 10:54.
    Helen in Glos

Hi Helen,

This thread is about a similar question: http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...er-please.html
    Seems nobody really knows what these "I" batches are.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Cloggie and apologies, I searched the WIKI but forgot to search the threads.

I'll go and have a look.
      Helen in Glos

Comment

I hadn't searched the threads either - I only came across that thread after googling "I batches". :D
        Sarah

Comment

I remember seeing somewhere else that one particular I-batch for marriages turned out to be banns of marriage, not actual marriages.

I think we all came to the conclusion that I-batches are not extracted in the strict sense of the word (although they appear to be taken from an official record of some sort usually) and therefore caution is needed.

OC

Comment

I found this mentioned on Rootschat:

"I quote it in part (emphasis added):
            '.. I or E or even the C,M records with no source is from extraction, Indexing projects ... The source is known and documented in an internal database ... No future updates or changes will be made to the old IGI to add this information ... {A} request has been submitted to add it to the New Family Search web page system ... {At present all that the new pilot site} ... indicates now is "LDS Church Records" ...'

Here's the link to the thread: IGI Batch numbers not on Hugh Wallis Family History Local History
            Sarah

Comment

Reading the rootsweb link suggested by Cloggie it seems that the source information is recorded in an internal LDS database and that the previous head of the London Family History Centre (LDS) had stated that he would provide the information on request.

It seems that he has left but I have emailed the London FHC and asked them anyway.

I will keep you posted.
              Helen in Glos

Comment

Helen

That strongly suggests that the batch is not from a primary source, nor from a church register, as the LDS church HAS to make freely available all church registers which they were allowed to film.

Sounds as if the batch was "privately" donated. I always think of "I" batches as standing for "Idiosyncratic" lol!

OC

Comment

Batch Codes rundown

Codes starting
                  A the source is a LDS temple sealing record
                  C primary source Baptism
                  D used with another batch Number
                  E primary source marriage, but marriage date used to id the bride & groom for ordinances of Baptism and endowment
                  F Family Group Record submission F indicates one or more names processed by another system (if this was not the case the batch number would be all numeric.).
                  H LDS Church membership record (deceased individual)
                  I various sources which may relate to more than one parish in a city or town
                  J primary source Baptism (male only entries)
                  K primary source Baptism (female only entries)
                  L Temple originated record limited access (living & deceased members)
                  M (excluding M17 & M18) primary source Marriages
                  P primary source Baptism
                  T miscellaneous sources

Some all numeric numbers starting with 725-, 745-, or 754- are specific extractions from transcripts
                  725 J.S.W. Gibson’s Oxfordshire Marriage Index
                  744 Various International primary sources
                  745 extraction from a Statewide Vital Records Index
                  754 extraction from a Statewide Vital Records Index

As a rule of thumb all numeric numbers with third digit is less than 4 are Patron Submissions.

Cheers
                  Guy
                  Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

OC - I agree, Hugh Wallis, on his site, says that he has not listed the I batches as they are unreliable, or words to that effect.

Thanks Guy, I think that the rundown is really valuable. Do you think/would you mind if it was added to the Wiki?
                    Helen in Glos

Comment

No, I don't mind.
                      Cheers
                      Guy
                      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Guy, Ive added them.
                        Helen in Glos

Comment

Result!!!!!!!

The London Family History Centre have sent me a lovely emailed me providing the Film number for the previously unidentified Batch. What brilliant service, I am really thankful.

I have keyed the film no into Family Search Library page and now Know that the film contains:

Parish registers of Birtsmorton, 1539-1960 Church of England. Parish Church of Birtsmorton (Worcestershire)
                          Items 6 - 9 Parish registers for Barbourne, 1862-1979

I am really chuffed and will be able to view registers on film next trip to Worcester History Centre.

So to conclude, the 'I' batch numbers can be identified on an internal LDS index and it is certainly worth asking the LDS to help. Thanks Cloggie for the link as I wouldn't have found info without it.
                          Helen in Glos

Comment

Working...
                          X