Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Convict's Left behind Family?

Redacted

Where was Sarah living in 1851? also, where was she born, dob etc.?
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Can anyone find them after 1851?
      I can't even find them in 1851 (under Poter, or Potter) or find James Golton or find the marriage for Sarah and Thomas, so I don't know what I'm looking for in 1861! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong country?

Could you give the 1851 ref, or details of ages and birthplaces etc?

Comment

Redacted
        Last edited by Penelope; 03-03-09, 09:45.

Comment

Found James and Mary Goulton in Wistow 1861 RG9/3534 District 17
          Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Redacted

Comment

The only Sarah I found for that date was Tate. I assume you checked the marriage of Potter/Tate. I'll keep trawling...
              Jules

Comment

I couldn't find a potter/Tate marriage, and the other likely ones didn't pan out either. I think you might be right about them being dead or moving abroad.
                Jules

Comment

The Tate/Potter marriage would be this one:

Marriages Mar 1858

Potter Sarah Selby 9c 549
                  Tate Henry Selby 9c [3_]49

His page should be 549
                  Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 03-03-09, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    The Tate/Potter marriage would be this one:

Marriages Mar 1858

Potter Sarah Selby 9c 549
                    Tate Henry Selby 9c [3_]49

His page should be 549
                    how did you find that? I couldn't see it anywhere. Well spotted
                    Jules

Comment

This looks possible:

Marriages Sep 1866
                      APPLEYARD Ann Selby 9c 795
                      Dodsworth John Selby 9c 795
                      LIVERSIDGE Thomas Selby 9c 795
                      POTTER Alice Selby 9c 795

The husband seems to be John Dodsworth. This might be Alice's death:

Deaths Sep 1926
                      Dodsworth Alice 81 Selby 9c 734

John and Alice are on the censuses 1871-1901.

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
                        how did you find that? I couldn't see it anywhere. Well spotted
                        I looked for a Henry Tate marriage on FreeBMD and when I saw one with an invalid page number I searched for Sarah Potter in the same Q

Comment

Your search skills put me to shame !!
                          Jules

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Given the circs, I'm thinking I won't find a baptism when I go to look later in the week!
                              Fingers crossed you do and maybe the vicar will have written a margin note!

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Working...
                                X