1911 puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 puzzles

Why is it that when I look at the 1911 census, only my commonest surnames have kids I don't know about and there are about 50 possibles listed on FreeBMD?!

I'm currently missing 5 of 9, 3 of 8 and 2 of 6 with no way of finding them now that I'm nowhere near the parish records again lol

Oh, this kind of thing always happens when I go to visit my mum and go view the parish records!

I'm guessing the only way I can find them (without it costing the earth) is to find baptisms for them, is that right?
    Tracy

its just the way the world works. baptisms may be good, but i never succeed with them after 1850.

Comment

It depends whether you're lucky enough to find that they were born in an area which has a local BMD website with mother's maiden name listed on the index pre-1911. For instance, the people indexing for the town of Accrington on Lancashire BMD have been adding MMN to births all the way through, so I've been able to sort out quite a few of the families on OH's tree that way (although even that doesn't totally sort out the Taylors!)
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
      X