Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo restoration: please ..

Hi there,
    this is my first post on this site,so am not sure of what i'm doing yet,but here goes.
    I have just read your last message and in it you say that if i were to have more than one image,you are happy for me to put them on here together.Which i have done in the hope that you would take a look at them for me please?
    I don't know if you will be able to improve them at all as they are scanned copies of photos that my mum found in her loft yesterday of my dad's family,who have know sadly all past away with the exception of one aunt and one uncle.
    the images of my gran and granddad are all i have of them and the one of my dad as a baby i had never seen until yesterday.
    Also there is an image of my granddad in some sort of navel uniform taken in 1940,i can't quite see it clearly enough to research what navy he was in,merchant or royal.
    So any improvement you can make to these images would be very much appreciated indeed
    Thank you
    Blue

I've replaced these images with photo bucket ones as suggested.Thanks for all the advice
    Blue
    Last edited by Guest; 03-03-09, 13:27. Reason: replacing images with photo bucket ones

Hi Blue,
    Welcome to FTF.
    As this thread has grown too large, the idea is to post photos for restoration in new threads on the Family Photos Board, with the person posting the request being able to use their thread for several photos.

Also, the attached pictures have come up too small to do much with. The attachment option decreases the file size, but you can post larger photo sizes using Photobucket. See this thread for instructions: How to Use Photobucket - Family Tree Forum
    It is also best to scan at 300-600 dpi if possible.
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Blue,
      Just to let you know I have moved your request to a new thread.

Elaine (Admin)
      Elaine

Comment

Hi,
        just joined photo bucket,now need to get my images on here
        Blue

Comment

Have a look at the link Cloggie has given to you in post #2 - let us know if you need more help.
          Elaine

Comment

I think i have it,

HI,phew!

is that it?
            I'll have a look at the thread you suggested
            Blue

Comment

Just thought i'd better add,
              I didn't scan the images,this is how they came out of the loft.
              My dad must have gotten them from his sister years ago,and just put them in the loft,we never knew they were there.

Comment

Hi Blue,

Them photos are low quality. Theres graining on all the photos and I dont think your going to get the results that you want from them photos, when I enlarge photos to work on them they just pixelate.

Is it possible to scan them at 600 res? I can remove the grain but each time I remove grain it lowers the quality of the photo.

Its hard to explain the difficulty of the restoration with them type of photos.

Comment

Hi Brian
                  I think he says he only has the scanned images .... not the originals
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian,
                    Rachel is right,these are all i have,they were e-mailed to me.
                    But thanks for trying any way.
                    Goodness knows where the originals are! i suspect my father must have got some one to scan them for him before he died.Probably my aunts children,sadly she is no longer with us.
                    Many thanks
                    blue

Last edited by Guest; 04-03-09, 19:26. Reason: just seeing what the 1meg download is like

Comment

Hi Blue

This is with the grain removed let me know if its ok and I can do the rest like it

Comment

Working...
                      X