freebmd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freebmd question

when searching for a marriage there is only one name and not the spouses name. I have been trying to bring up the image but it takes for ever then web page not available. Would the partners name be on that image or would I need to look at the BDM registers at the library for the date. I do know the partners name but wondering why its not on the page.

what year range are you after gloryer?
    spouses surname was included in the index from 1911 onwards.

Comment

its sep 1914. It gives partners surname but when you go to the page partner is missing. Is this just an oversight by the transcriber?

Comment

why dont you search for the partners surname marrying the surname you've found?

example found marriage of john smith to jones.
        look for jones marrying john smith

Comment

Gloryer

Do you mean when the marriage is brought up after you search and you click to see others on that page? It may well be that the partner has not been transcribed yet, or was transcribed wrongly. Can you post some details so we can try to find them? Or are they still living?
          My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Step one would be to do a separate search on the same Q for the surname of the spouse and see if anyone looks to have a wrong page number or wrong volume number. If that doesn't work then you would need to see the full indexes for the spouse surname.

Comment

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
              Gloryer

Do you mean when the marriage is brought up after you search and you click to see others on that page? It may well be that the partner has not been transcribed yet, or was transcribed wrongly. Can you post some details so we can try to find them? Or are they still living?
              If they got married in 1914 and are still living, they would be very old indeed! Yes, if you post up the details then maybe one of us can figure it out, Gloryer.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

yes its Blanche Bowring married Samuel Humphreys,. I was just curious why it would have humphreys beside her name but when you go to the page it is missing.
                These are the parents of the one that I asked Kiterunner to look up for me in the baptisms.

Comment

Well Samuel is definately listed in the index on Ancestry, but I can't get him to appear on FreeBMD.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

There are no Humphreys marriages transcribed for Q3 1914 on FreeBMD.

Comment

This one isnt for me but I am helping a friend. I did suggest she order the certificate and told her how to do it but would she encounter any problems when ordering. I have never had this situation before.

Comment

I think if she puts in both names and the correct reference there shouldn't be any problems.
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I don't really understand why you think there would be a problem when she orders the cert, Gloryer - both people are listed on the marriage index as normal. It's just that FreeBMD haven't transcribed one of them yet. FreeBMD is just supposed to make it easier for researchers to find index entries; the GRO doesn't use FreeBMD to process your order.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

okay then thank you. I wasnt sure about it. If thats all it is then I will tell her she can go ahead and order it.

Comment

You only need one name out of the couple to order the cert

Comment

Working...
                              X