Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - parish records

Hi

I'm still fairly new at tracing our family history - so if this is a dumb question - sorry

If i made a trip to the Lincoln Records office and looked at parish records -and found the one I needed - Can I get a copy of it ?

Looking for a birth approx 1806 - I know which parish church he was christened in.

Thanks

smariac

there shouldn't be any problems.

Comment

you can contact them here before you go, to make sure they have what you want.

Contact Details - Lincolnshire County Council

Comment

Yes, not only that but you could even search the Parish Registers in your own house.
        Lincolnshire are one of the counties that sell microfilm/fiche copies of registers. See-
        Bedfordshire
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Alternatively, if the Records Office is a long way away, you can view the parish registers at your nearest LDS centre for a nominal charge, using their microfilm/fiche readers.

Latter Day Saints Family History Libraries - Family Tree Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            Alternatively, if the Records Office is a long way away, you can view the parish registers at your nearest LDS centre for a nominal charge, using their microfilm/fiche readers.

Latter Day Saints Family History Libraries - Family Tree Forum
            I don't believe this... I had one in my home town all along and I didn't even realise. doh!

I love this site, so much info comes through it.
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by smariac View Post
              Hi

I'm still fairly new at tracing our family history - so if this is a dumb question - sorry

If i made a trip to the Lincoln Records office and looked at parish records -and found the one I needed - Can I get a copy of it ?

Looking for a birth approx 1806 - I know which parish church he was christened in.

Thanks

smariac

I'm going up to Lincoln record office next week. I can't promise I'll have time to look, but pm me the details and I will look it up if I can.
              I'm only there a couple of days and have loads of research to get through.
              Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Working...
              X