1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census

I'm sure I saw a thread on here saying some more counties would be released this month, but I can't find the thread now. Does anyone know which counties? I'm waiting, not very patiently, for Durham and Northumberland :(

It was me who posted it Merry:

The say that all of the remaining English counties will be up.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Dave Annal told me when I saw him last Fri that he thought they were going to launch Glamorgan at WDYTYA show, but they didn't!
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks very much you two!

*sets alarm for a fortnight*

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
          Thanks very much you two!

*sets alarm for a fortnight*
          *wonders if Merry can count*
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
            *wonders if Merry can count*
            *removes shoes and socks*

:(

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              *removes shoes and socks*

:(
              *Hopes Merry washed her feet recently*
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

*passes nose clip*

Comment

Patience!

I too have been patiently waiting for Northumberland 1911 census, or not so patiently as I've been checking every day.. seems all of England is practically now on bar the one I need!!

Comment

Is it possible to view a particular address, as to who was living there for free, or have you got to pay a fee for a look?

Comment

If you have the address key it into the Residential place.

However, its not an exact science because it depends what the census filler put i.e.

Street might be Street or St
                      Road might be Road or Rd

Also you'll need the parish/ward rather than the registration district i.e I searched for (x) (St) Hackney from a cert I had but it wasn't Hackney it was Haggerston that it was under, I was okay because I know the area well. So you'll have to have a few gos at it.

Also one of the names need to be filled in I would go through the Alphabet atarting with A* though to Z* in the surname and copy out any people at the address if you want to know every name. This is where it gets tricky because Mr Smith might have put St and Mr Brown might have put Street so you have to use a lot of permutations to get the information you need.

If anyone else knows a more simple way please let me and LorrainJ know

Comment

I thought that if you are searching by address then there is no possibility of adding a name.
                        Elaine

Comment

I think you are all liars, I don't believe you've been waiting patiently at all!!!
                          ~ with love from Little Nell~
                          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            I thought that if you are searching by address then there is no possibility of adding a name.
                            If you just residential search in requires one name filled in and 1 letter more than a wildcard.

Unless someone has managed to make it work without either name field.

You can do it by street only etc etc but I thought LorrainJ wanted a particular address.

Edit to say

Yeah you can search under the place option

Registration sub district

Residential place

But it only gives you number of house and street you have to view transcript to see who is actually living there.
                            Last edited by Guest; 29-03-09, 12:41.

Comment

So are you saying you can put a street name in the residential place?
                              Doesn´t seem to work for me!
                              Elaine

Comment

Doesn´t seem to work for me!
                                Well a couple have worked but some others haven´t!
                                Elaine

Comment

Well a couple have worked but some others haven´t!
                                  That might be because of the discrepancy between St and Street and Road and Rd also some people may have put Str although I have tried it both ways now and it seems to be able to distinguish that St is Street and vice versa it didn't before.

But yes you can put a street name in residential place plus the house or without a house number and the sub district or district.

i.e.

*Last name
                                  W*

Residential place
                                  Essex St, Haggerston

Brings up everyone with a name beginning with W in Essex St in Haggerston, Hackney

But if you put the house number it brings up everyone at that address with a surname beginning with W.

Like I said it takes a while if you've no idea who you're looking for or what surname so you have to either use a first name i.e. John if you know it and no surname or search starting with A* - Z* in the first name and the same with the surname.
                                  Last edited by Guest; 29-03-09, 13:14.

Comment

Looks as if you have to pay to see who lived at the address.

Comment

Originally posted by LorraineJ View Post
                                      Looks as if you have to pay to see who lived at the address.
                                      Lorraine

No you don't.

PM me the address please and I'll have a go let me know exactly what it is you're trying to find out.

Comment

Working...
                                      X