Is Ancestry bonkers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ancestry bonkers????

I have been a member of Ancestry for 6 years. This year I decided to stop my membership because of rising costs and the introduction of the 'middle' pricing which saw some of the records from the lowest subscription move up a band.

Today I received a booklet from Ancestry.

At Ancestry.co.uk we want to show our appreciation to you, as one of our most valuable members, and so I am delighted to enclose the latest edition of 'Your Ancestry' magazine.

Very informative booklet......tells me all I'll be missing. Question is...Why haven't I been getting this magazine the last 6 years and why have I been sent a copy now that I am no longer a member?

Is this a wind up!!!!

Cos it's worked lol

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 02-03-09, 14:35.

lol!!

I recieved my copy on Friday, I guess it must be all this extra revenue they are getting with this new pricing system.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've never received a Magazine in all the years I've been a member!
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes, I got my mag last week, quite a nice wee mag but must have cost quite a bit to produce and send out.
        Seems a bit silly when they usually just e mail me with updates.
        I also have been a member for a few years.

herky
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

never had one yet !

Comment

Mine arrived Saturday,first one in 6 years membership,wonder if its because I filled in the "tell us what you think"and gave them a proper blasting in the any other comments section.
            Well it was either vent my spleen at them or throw the computer face down in the pond,the site was going so slow.
            My sub is due in September and its very doubtful I will renew.

Comment

Mine arrived today, not had a look at it yet.

Comment

Never had one yet but look forward to receiving one(maybe?)1
                Vanessa Tallon passed away September 2011

Comment

Never had one either. I am quite puzzled as to why so many of us get treated completely differently. i think they make it up as they go along!
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Me too please!
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Oh dear, I was thinking of joining Ancestry, But now I'm having second thoughts, so can anyone tell me if the pluses outnumber the minuses, or should I put my money in the old tin chest (it's safer than a bank these days)
                      Don

Comment

Must be the day for Kent.... We received our first ever mag. today too.

Comment

If they are sending them out to every member, perhaps they are sending them in batches.
                          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I cancelled and got one the other day too.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I expect mine's been posted in Australia, so it's taking a bit longer to get here. ;)
                              Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
                              Warwickshire name: Hart
                              German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Comment

Got mine this week too first one in 6 years LOL

Ann In North Yorkshire

Comment

I've never got one either, but I did get an email today saying when I renew my UK Heritage sub it will go up from $149.95 to $179.95.

I no longer have that sub, so no idea what that is about.

Comment

I got that too Libby, but no magazine. Don't think I'll renew as the 1911 will be on FMP and I can't afford both.
                                    Kit

Comment

fmp is looking better for british records. i find ancestry useless for anything but the census, and fmp will have whole census this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                                        I've never received a Magazine in all the years I've been a member!
                                        Me neither Wendy so we musnt be valued members :o

]

Comment

Working...
                                        X