Now I'm embarrassed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I'm embarrassed!

I bought this huge Family Tree chart from Genealogy Printers, cos I thought it might be fun to do ................... but I can't figure out how it works! :D

Has anyone by any chance got one like this?
    genealogy printers - 10 Generation (Smaller) Double chart

I can't work out why there are 6 boxes to start with, that go up into 3 sets of lines each side. Why 6 and 3???

I think the boxes are for children and Grandchildren. That goes to the parents, who spit to their parents. It then splits of logically with 2 parents for each.
    Tracy

Comment

The 6 boxes are for the children and then it splits into Mother's side and Father's side of the tree.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Sorry, I must be dead thick here!

Ok, so boxes are for children, then parents, of which there are 2, not 3 for each side.

I still don't get why there are 3 sets of the first set of lines for each side. after that, the groups of lines are in multiples of 2, as would be expected.

Comment

The line from the children goes to the Main couple - you and hubby for example.
          This line then splits in two - on each side - and goes to your parents.
          Tracy

Comment

Aaah! I've got it at last! :D Thank you!

I didn't quite take in the fact that it's for husband also and I've been out in the sun today.

Comment

Working...
            X