Elizabeth(unknown) Oakes b 1783

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth(unknown) Oakes b 1783

Hi...I`m very frustrated with one Oakes member of my tree..An Elizabeth unknown b 1783 who marries Daniel Oakes b 1782....
    this is what I have ..ALL on parish records..
    (on parish records in St Oswalds Backford Cheshire)

Elizabeth Oakes 1776
    Peter Oakes 1779
    DANIEL OAKES 1782 MY 4 X G GRANDFATHER.....These 3 are the children of Ralph Oakes and Mary Unknown..all babtised St Oswalds

Daniel then has 3 children with an Elizabeth Unknown b 1783
    Thomas Oakes b 1817 my 3 x g grandfather
    Mary Oakes b 1820
    William Oakes b 1822

so I Cannot find Daniel and Elizabeths marriage on Cheshire Parish Records Database.....
    can anyone advise me please on another route to take ???..I presume they married around 1815/16.....cheers...allan
    ADDED...I have been to St Oswalds church and spoke to the vicar and he tells me that all records are now in Chester...
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Is it possible that they married in Liverpool?

Family search has a marriage for a Daniel Oakes to Elizabeth Harrison in 1811.
    Heather

Comment

Yes Heather ...there`s every chance they married in Liverpool...that would explain why they`re not on Chesh parish records...ooh ..I`m excited now..lol....I`ll have a look at that possibility...she could well have been born in Liverpool...thanks...allan;););)
      ADDED...No children in the pedigree section...a shame....thanks Heather.....definitely a possibility.....allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 02-03-09, 12:02.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
      X