Goulding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding.

Hi. I'm looking for any information on the Goulding family. I'd be happy for any help. Kevin.

Welcome to FTF.

Can you give us a bit more information about your Goulding family.
    What have you found so far - have you any dates - what part of the country did they come from.

(Please remember we donĀ“t allow details of living people to be posted)
    Elaine

Comment

Hiya Kevin....welcome to FTF...Which county are your Gouldings from and what years (ie(1890`s ) are we talking about...any names in particular ??.(don`t post names of living rellys)....allan
      snap Elaine...lol
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Kevin

I have GOULDINGS on my tree. They came from Lincolnshire.
        Where are yours from?

Joy

Comment

Goulding.

Thanks for your replies. Here's a photo of my grandad as a nine year old in about 1901. His mum, dad, brothers and sisters are also in the photo with him. They had more children in the early 1900's as well. I've managed to find all their names on the 1901 and 1911 census. They were from Braishfield in Romsey, Hampshire. I was wondering what happened to them all as little is known. My grandad is on the right. Kevin.
          Attached Files

Comment

hiya Kevin...was your grandad named Eggins Charles Goulding b 1898 or
            Horace Goulding b 1898 ???...scratch that...they`re born too late...Albert Goulding 1894 ??? allan
            Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-09, 20:53.
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Goulding.

Hi Garstonite. My grandad was William Goulding, born 1892. His brother was Horace Who was born in 1898. Not sure about the other person. His mothers maiden name was Sillence. Horace is probably in the photo. Kevin.

Comment

Goulding

Hi again. Yes, Albert was also his brother, born in 1894.

Comment

OK Kevin...who did your grandad marry??...and do you have all his bros/sisters births ??..and all his childrens births ??....allan
                  we`ve hit a little snag here...there are NO William Gouldings born in 1892 on freebmd...Horaces birth is registered..so is Alberts so Williams will be ,but doesn`t show in 1892...could William be another birth year ??...allan
                  ADDED
                  can`t find any Sillence births on freebmd....is it spelt right ??..allan
                  Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-09, 21:15.

Comment

Hallo Kevin

You want to know what happened to them all. Coming forward is ironically harder than going back! This is because the marriage and death indexes aren't transcribed yet, so you often have to search all four quarters of every possible year to find people.
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

would this be your grandfather's death registration:

Name:William Goulding Age at death (estimated):86
                      Birth Date:6 Dec 1898
                      Death Registration Sep 1985
                      Newcastle Upon Tyne
                      Volume:2 Page:335
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Goulding.

Hello Allen. My grandads, parents were William Goulding and Annie Sillence. Going by the 1901 and 1911 census his brothers and sisters were, himself born 1892, Albert 1894,Dorothy 1896, Horace 1898, Archibald 1900, I'll go through the 1911 census again tomorrow for the rest of the names. My grandad married Edith Birch who was born in Portsmouth in 1900, in 1931. Kevin.

Comment

OKAY...I have just entered -all counties for a marriage for
                          William Goulding to a SILLENCE....
                          1918 JUNE QTR William Goulding -Sillence...in Southampton ref No 2c 159..they had 2 children one born 1914 a daughter /one born 1920 a son...could both still be alive so I won`t put their names up....both registered in ROMSEY...is this your family ???...allan.;)
                          Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-09, 21:28.

Comment

okay Kevin...William Goulding -Edith Birch dec 1931 in Portsmouth 2b 1317....
                            so we also have William Goulding marrying Annie Sillence in Southampton in 1911....do you have ALL your grandads childrens births.??..bear in mind you can`t post living persons names..
                            ADDED...is VJ Goulding b 1934 (registered Winchester,Hampshire )your relation....?..allan;)
                            Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-09, 21:34.

Comment

Hi Allan. I've just checked his birth certificate, he was named as William Goulding Sillence. When he joined the Royal navy in 1910 he was just called William Goulding. He was born on 23-1-1892. I wonder if the William you found from 1918 was one of his cousins. All the first born boys in my family in those days were called William, even my grandads son, who was my uncle. Its confusing trying to trace them. Kevin.

Comment

Kevin...William Goulding Sillence registered March qtr in Romsey 1892
                                ref No 2c 91........you now have the task of tracing births under Sillence/Goulding because there could be other siblings with that name...allan
                                NONE FOUND.....allan
                                Last edited by garstonite; 01-03-09, 22:05.

Comment

Goulding.

Thanks Allan. My grandad had five children. William Goulding, 1933-2007, Vernon John, 1934-2003, A daughter who has also died, but I havn't got permission to name her, and two living sons, the youngest is my dad. Kevin.

Comment

Goulding.

Hi Little Nell. My grandad died on 21-10-1961, and was born in 1892. Thanks, Kevin.

Comment

Goulding.

Hi Cheshire cat. Mine are from Romsey in Hampshire, are yours from the 1800's or 1900's. Kevin.

Comment

Kevin, have you tried ' Googling ' ? There is a well-known Conductor ( music not buses !) who is a Goulding. Can't name him as still very much alive but I know he was born in Worcestershire, educated in Birmingham. About 60 years of age. He has a number of web-site entries. Any use to you ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X