Francis & Eliza Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis & Eliza Ford

I keep coming back to this one because it bugs me. I know for a fact I found this couple in 1861 a long time ago but obviously didn't save the image, or I have lost it. Yet every time I search, I cannot find them.

Francis was born c1835 in Roscommon and was a Beerhouse Keeper in Salford. (I'm sure it was around the Regent Road area).

Eliza was also born c1835 in Ireland and her widowed mother, Margaret Delaney was with them in the census. There were no children.

I have their marriage certificate dated 19 March 1859. Francis was living at 27 West Union Street, Salford and Eliza at 7 Beswick Street, Salford. Both aged 23. Francis' father, Edward Ford, Clerk in a Manchester Warehouse. Eliza's father, James Delaney, Deceased, Stonemason Master. Witnesses were Hugh Mcguire and Elizabeth Ford (his sister in law and my 2xgreat grandmother).

Any advice on how to find this couple. I've tried everything I can think of.
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

No luck here but there's a Margaret Delaney (52) and family

Sub reg dist === Regent road

Sorry, I thought it said widow but it doesn't
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Well I'll tell you where they're not. They're not at 27 West Union Street which is here

Class: RG9; Piece: 2922; Folio: 11; Page: 16; GSU roll: 543050 (and the previous page)
      Hail Spode!

Comment

Rachel, thanks for trying.

Guy
        Thank you. They are definitely around that area though.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Guy

What is the GSU Roll please?

You have really helped me by giving me the ref above as I am trawling through the pages and have found Francis' parents, brother and sister at no. 46 West Union Street!

So my next question is how do I find other streets in the area please? I'm not familiar with searching using the refs you gave me, I have only ever searched by name etc.
          Last edited by Granny Lynne; 01-03-09, 20:07.
          Lynne

Comment

If you're using ancestry, at the top of a census image page it says 'You are here:'. Click the last clickable link ie Regent Road, you then see a list of districts. If you click on each 'View description of enumeration district', you'll see that the enumerator lists what streets are in that district.

It is a bit laborious going through each district but once you've found the one with your street, click the corresponding 'District 1,2,etc' to browse the pages.
            Hail Spode!

Comment

Thanks again Guy, I'll give it a try and see if I can find them that way.
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X