X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

I have these 3 pics and some questions;

Do you think the first two are related?

Do you think the third one could be an either of the ladies in the first two?

And when were the pics taken approximately?

Thank you
    Clare

I would have said the first too were a pair of Edwardian sisters, and the third lady with the superb stockings was a generation later, and she does look like she could be a relative.

Comment

I think the first 2 could be sisters, and l think the last photo is the 2nd lady (in later years of course)
      Pam

Comment

Do you think second lady is wearing a wedding ring?
        Clare

Comment

Clare,

I think the first two are probably sisters - they have exactly the same shaped face.

I think the third could be the first lady later in life - looking at her nose and the set of her eyes.

The wedding ring looks to be on the right hand (watch on left wrist)

Carol

Comment

It does look as if she's wearing a ring but can not tell if it's a wedding band.

It says it's scanned at 200 ... if you could re-scan at 300 it might be easier to see.
            I also think nos 2 and 3 could be the same woman

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

googled Purcell & Betts ... it says they were at that address (57 Aston Road North) from 1909 - 1974

Can't read the address on pic 2
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

It looks like W Kempson - 106 Barkes Road, Small Heath to me. That's Birmingham area.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I think the girls in 1 &2 could be related and as others have said possibly sisters.

I also agree and think that photo's 2 & 3 are the same lady at different ages.

Sorry can't answer any of your other queries
                  With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Thank you for your comments. I'm pretty ceratin that the first 2 are Smith sisters and I agree that 2 looks most like 3, I'm not at home at the moment so I can't rescan the picture but I will later.

I know that the lady in 3 died a Spinster in 1946 aged 68 which is why I am wondering if it is a wedding ring as she shouldn't really be wearing one!
                    Clare

Comment

Do you think picture no 2 has been reversed when it was printed? which would bring the ring on the ring hand over to the left and the watch to the the right?

Comment

first 2 sisters,yes she has a ring on both hands brenda xxx

Comment

I think the first two are of the same woman, before and after marriage, a few years apart, the third could be a sister taken at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                          X