Microsoft office trial need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft office trial need help

I have microsoft office trial version installed. Now I need to convert it to full version and pay for the licence. I have entered to product key which is accepted then continue to convert. This appears to work as the green progrss bar continues across the window. Then that is it nothing else. As my trial period has finished the office progs do not work.
    Can anyone HELP.
    Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

So you've paid for the upgrade and have been given a product key for the full version? Do you get any messages?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I bought new comp with trial version installed, now my trial period as ended and need to convert and pay for licence. yes I have product key with the MS disc.
      Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

I thought you actually had to pay for it before they would give you the actual "unlock" key - (apart from the product key) - otherwise you could get the programme without actually paying for it.
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Yes once the trial period as finished you enter the product key and then should pay for the unlock key. At present since my trial as ended my office progs are locked!
          When I enter the product key the progs appear to load and then nothing else. What am Idoing wrong?

Comment

Are you taken to a payment option at any stage? Do you know how much it will cost you to do it this way? You may be better off buying the full version online elsewhere.
            Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

No I am not taken to a payment option ! Once the green progress bar as completed nothing else happens!

Comment

Looks to me like you need to contact Microsoft or whoever you bought the PC from. :( Or just buy the full version separately.
                Last edited by lorry53; 01-03-09, 17:34.

Comment

I had the trial version of Microsoft Office with my laptop.

When my free trial ended I bought one from Amazon and installed it.

Regards

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by rivington View Post
                    Yes once the trial period as finished you enter the product key and then should pay for the unlock key. At present since my trial as ended my office progs are locked!
                    When I enter the product key the progs appear to load and then nothing else. What am Idoing wrong?
                    If this is not a key you have bought since running the trial, then there is a high probability you are using the wrong one....

see Microsoft Office Online for further details on how to convert your trial version to the full one...
                    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi,

Another case for installing OpenOffice.org
                      It is free and will enable you to open all Microsoft Office programs.
                      Try it and see.
                      Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Nasher View Post
                        Hi,

Try it and see.
                        Neil
                        I agree with Neil, Use OpenOffice if you can. Don't waste your money on Microsoft Office unless you need it for something specific.

Comment

Thank you all for you advise and comments.
                          Yes I think it might be easier if purchased new software and installed it.
                          Just one further question would I need to uninstall the trial prog prior to installing the new full prog. Or would the full prog just overwrite the trial prog??

Comment

It would certainly be advisable to uninstall the trial before attempting to install a full version... I beleive the Microsoft FAQ site i posted above also advocates this approach...

That said, as john and neil have mentioned above, do you need to have MS office ?? will any of the other free (or more agressively priced) offerings on the market achieve your objectives ??

Comment

Originally posted by Nasher View Post
                              Hi,

Try it and see.
                              Neil

You've got me sucking my teeth with that one Neil... Oo will certainly open files created by the office apps in the Home and Student editions of MSOffice.. but I wouldnt be so bold as to say it would open all files produced by all MSOffice apps...
                              Unfairly raising expectations there i beleive ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X