Lost e-Mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost e-Mails

I have recently discovered that some e-mails are not reaching their destinations. Where do they go to and why would this be? I would add that I am sending them to the correct address.

Joy

It could be that the recipient's ISP is blocking them or filtering them out as spam?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Don't you know that there is a large black hole out there somewhere? It's full of 'missing' e-mails!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley silver surfer View Post
        Don't you know that there is a large black hole out there somewhere? It's full of 'missing' e-mails!
        :D:D I think you may be right !!

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          It could be that the recipient's ISP is blocking them or filtering them out as spam?

That's what I was thinking. Quite likely they are being blocked for some reason. There again, why would that be? I do use IncrediMail, so could that be responsible?

Joy

Comment

It's also full of my ancestors!
            There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
              That's what I was thinking. Quite likely they are being blocked for some reason. There again, why would that be? I do use IncrediMail, so could that be responsible?
              It depends on the spam filter being used by the recipient's ISP or by their own anti-virus/firewall. If you send emails without a subject line, it's more likely to be blocked. Those with attachments or graphics are more likely to be picked up, too. Are there various recipients affected or just one or two? You might want to get them to check their junk email folders and add your email address to their "safe senders list."
              Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Originally posted by MarionH View Post
                It's also full of my ancestors!
                Mine, to. :D They must be having one hell of a party in there!
                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

That is where all my odd socks have got to as well.
                  Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Grampa Jim View Post
                    That is where all my odd socks have got to as well.
                    I hope they're clean!

Comment

I do have mine set not to let any grinning cats in - could that be the problem :D:D

Seriously, I did get the test one yesterday. So maybe you have solved the problem?

p.s. They've been a helpful bunch haven't they HAHAHA
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        I do have mine set not to let any grinning cats in - could that be the problem :D

Seriously, I did get the test one yesterday. So maybe you have solved the problem?

p.s. They've been a helpful bunch haven't they HAHAHA

Yes, I'm probably banned :D Yes, they're always helpful on here (or otherwise!). ;)

Joy

Comment

Nope, they've gone to the World of Goo ;):D

Comment

Working...
                          X