No announcement yet.

Help needed finding 'lost' address bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed finding 'lost' address bar!

Can someone please tell me how to reinstate my address bar? I am on Windows XP. Someone sent me a game which involved pressing the space bar and 'F' and when I returned to the Internet my Address bar has disappeared!!!

Help please for a computer Dumbo!!!

Lesley

Which browser are you using - Internet Explorer - Firefox - ???

Normally you would put your cursor towards the top of screen where the address bar should be, right click your mouse and there should be an option to reinstate the navigation toolbar - but it may vary between browsers!

Or go to VIEW - and see if there are any options there for toolbars.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine. I am using Internet Explorer... I think 6. Have found Address bar listed in the 'view' options have right clicked but nothing happens.

Lesley

Comment

Is Address Bar ticked Lesley?
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy, yes it is ticked

Still having no luck finding it.Am able to access site through google though. Have been here an hour already trying to sort it, will have to give up and do some h-----work in a minute. Place looks like a tip!!!!
          Lesley

Oh dear...it's going from bad to worse, have got the address bar back and have now lost the bar with Back...Forward etc!!!
          Last edited by Punchs mum; 28-02-09, 09:06. Reason: added to post

Comment

Thanks Wendy and Elaine......sorted now. Don't ask me how though!!! Just clicked away randomly and obviously at the right buttons!

Have deleted the Game that was sent to me and caused the problem in the first place!!

Lesley

Comment

Glad you got it sorted!
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
              X