Pointon Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointon Family

Hi there, can anyone help out with this for my sis-in-law?!

I am looking for the first marriage of William Thomas Pointon (b. 1836 in Appleby, Leicestershire). His sons names were Frederick Richard Pointon (b. 1859 in Burton on Trent) and William Pointon (b. 1858 in Burton on Trent). Trying to find out their mother's name. In 1861 census their mother is listed as 'Prances' b. 1840 in Hamton, Staffs. When we have researched her we have been looking under the name 'Prances', 'Frances' and more recently 'Emily' as in later census' their mother is listed as 'Emily' and dad seems to resort to using his middle name 'Thomas'.

Any information gratefully received!
    Thanks
    Donna and Charlie

1861 has her as Frances, she's just been mistranscribed as Prances.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

IGI has a William Henry Pointon baptised 10 Oct 1857 Burton Upon Trent parents Thomas and Emily.

There is a marriage on Freebmd Thomas Pointon, Jun 1857, Burton Upon Trent, the women on the page are Emily Lunn and Fanny Upton.

Of course to be sure of who the mother is one of the childrens birth certificates would be the way to go.
      Fiona. xx

Comment

Hiya

my first thought was that wifey no 1 died, but I'm not so convinced now.

the only way really to be 100% sure the mmn is to buy one of the childrens birth certs,

have you had a look on free bmd for the marriage?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Two candidates for Frances in 1851 census:

Frances Fryer b. 1840 West Hampton, Staffs, a boarder in Tettenhall
          HO107; Piece: 2017; Folio: 125; Page: 18

Frances Jones b 1839 West Hampton, living in Wolverhampton
          HO107; Piece: 2017; Folio: 125; Page: 18
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Emily Lunn looks a likely candidate. IGI has her baptism as Emily parents Richard and Letitia. In 1851 and 1841 she is down as Amelia. 1851 with her sister Ann and brother William who is also on the IGI, her birth place is given as Hainton as that is where they are living.

HO107; Piece: 2013; Folio: 54; Page: 9

1841 As Amelia again with parents Richard, Letitia, grandmother Ann, sisters Eliza and Catherine also on the IGI living in Clifton Campville, where they were baptised.

1841; HO107; Piece 975; Book: 15; Folio: 4; Page: 3

There are likely deaths on freebmd for Letitia and Richard in 1847 and 1845 Tamworth.
            Fiona. xx

Comment

I see Emily is a widow in 1901 living with her married daughter Gertrude Cross and family, I think it might be likely that Thomas Pointon was only married once and the name in 1861 was an error but you will need to get either Frederick or Williams birth certificate to be sure.
              Fiona. xx

Comment

Working...
              X