Edmonton London address info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton London address info

I have an address in Edmonton London, that the family I am looking for moved to, but after the 1911 census.
    Is there anywhere I can find out (online hopefully) the names of people and dates of those who lived here until circa 1960?

Do you know the names of the people that you are hoping to be there?

I guess the only way would be electoral registers but they would have to be home owners in the early part of that period to be on them.

You can phone/email the records office/library closest to the address and ask for a look up for a certain year, I dont think they would be over happy about searching 50 years though.

Comment

It won't be online.

Electoral registers will only give the names of people eligible to vote. The relevant archives and library service will have them, as Heather says, and the British Library at St Pancras also has a collection (though best to phone in advance as I don't think they are all on site).

Sometimes they are in books and sometimes on microfilm.

Alternatively, the relevant archives/library might have a set of telephone directories.

But you would have to trawl through every year.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I was thinking about the phone directories on ancestry but to be honest, very few people had phones til the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by arroli View Post
          I have an address in Edmonton London, that the family I am looking for moved to, but after the 1911 census.
          Is there anywhere I can find out (online hopefully) the names of people and dates of those who lived here until circa 1960?
          can you give me the address and names ?

i am edmonton born/bred and current and live very close to borough archive, so i can trawl the rolls for you.
          Lorraine

Comment

I asked Maidenhead Library Archives Dept. about Electoral Roll Searches recently for a couple of years spread in the 1940's for a certain address in Cookham, Berkshire and was told it would cost nine pounds 50 pence. That may have been a half-hour's research fee so you might not get the info for free but could possibly pay for their archivists to look the data up for you.

Comment

Working...
            X