Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 26th February 2009 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? 26th February 2009 is.....

Mystic!

Well done and Good Luck!

WOW.... Yippee......
    Thank you for this kind offer. My brickwall was recently indirectly mentioned on the forum while I was asking for opinions on which birth certificate might be best to order; anyway here is all the information that I have at this point in time. I have been looking for GG Grandfather “Daniel Dennis Sullivan” c1886 and his father Thomas. I did at the time order another birth cert for Daniel and hopefully will recieve that today.. fingers crossed its the right one.
    I have located Daniel on the 1911 Census where he is living with his wife Alice and children Daniel Thomas and
    Daniel married on 19/02/1906 Alice Amy Sharpling both were noted as being 21yo and living at 160 Lever Street St Luke, his father Thomas’ occupation at the time was a “housebreaker” YES that’s correct Housebreaker-NOT horse breaker. I have located Daniel in 1901 living at 8 Gasligney Place St Lukes, 15yo Blacksmith (b. St Lukes London) residing with his brother George Sullivan 28yo Bricklayer (b. St Lukes London). The reason I believe this is him is that he is living over the road to his future wife and her family (Alice Amy Sharpling). But this is where the certainty ends.
    In 1891 I found a possible Daniel Sullivan age 6 (b.Spitalfields) living as a Foster Child at 2 Little Pearl St Spitalfields with Ann Read (wife 34yo), Stephen Read- (fish curer 44yo), and Louise Melville- (Foster Child- Cigar Maker 16yo)
    The 1881 Census shows a Thomas H Sullivan 29yo (Brass founder- b. Ireland) his wife Elizabeth 27yo (b. Plymouth, Devon) and his children George Sullivan 2yo (b. Middlesex) and Ellen A Sullivan (age not stated- b. Middlesex) are living with his brother Henry W Sullivan 28yo (Clerk- b. Ireland) and his Louisa 24yo (wife-b. Middlesex)
    I am thinking this might be my Daniels family BUT George’s age doesn’t tie up, so this leaves me slightly confused if I’m on the right track, and doubting if I can do anything until I find Daniels birth, so is this the end? As I mentioned earlier I have just ordered another birth cert for Daniel Mar Qtr 1887, so I’m hoping to have some success with that. As yet I haven’t located Thomas, Elizabeth, George or Ellen A in 1891........so where did they go and are they the right connection that I’m after? I have no idea where to go from here or if I can do anything with this “Sullivan” branch any suggestions/help is appreciated.
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Oh no!!!! Not the Sullivans! I rememebr tham from last time :D

Where did Daniel say he was born on the 1911 census?

Comment

Congratulations Mystic!! - will look at your post again tomorrow.
        Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Merry, I feel exactly the same way......."Not the Sullivans" lol. According to the 1911 he was born in the City of London.
          Last edited by Mystic; 27-02-09, 01:33.

Mystic.........

Comment

It might be best if we wait to see if your certificate arrives today, do you think?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just my luck postman has just been and has brought nothing to make me happy.....:( So my next hope is he brings my cert. Monday????

Mystic.........

Comment

Well, I guess we'd better get to work on it before the cert comes, then.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Who were the witnesses at Daniel's marriage, please?
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
                    The 1881 Census shows a Thomas H Sullivan 29yo (Brass founder- b. Ireland) his wife Elizabeth 27yo (b. Plymouth, Devon) and his children George Sullivan 2yo (b. Middlesex) and Ellen A Sullivan (age not stated- b. Middlesex) are living with his brother Henry W Sullivan 28yo (Clerk- b. Ireland) and his Louisa 24yo (wife-b. Middlesex)
                    I think George and Ellen might actually be Henry's children as the order in which they are listed is Thomas Head, Elizabeth Wife, Henry W Brother, Louisa Wife, George Son, Ellen A Daur (by the way, Ellen's age is 4 months). So I doubt if they are the right family.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

The witness' were Robert Stephen Bullen and Jemima Gibbons at Daniels wedding. I had thought that George and Ellen could have been Henry's but talked my self out of it.

Mystic.........

Comment

Thanks for your help tonight KiteRunner, I appreciate the effort. I'm signing off now as it's getting late.

Mystic.........

Comment

congratulations have a great week,brenda xxx

Comment

the elusive Daniel has still not been located.....any idea's?
                            Last edited by Mystic; 01-03-09, 05:44.

Mystic.........

Comment

I have finally recieved a birth cert in the mail today, with any luck it could possibly be the right one.
                              Name stated as; Daniel Sullivan, Born 13/12/1886 2 Farm Court London City, sub District Cripplegate, County of Middlesex, father Thomas (General Labourer)
                              Mother Mary Ann Sullivan Late Morton formerly Ingram.......(unsure what this last bit means- Late/Formerly).

Daniel was noted on his marriage cert as Daniel Dennis, but I understand he could have just adopted the "Dennis" part of his name.

I suppose it gives me a starting point, now to try and find this family.....and make the connection.

Mystic.........

Comment

it means mary anne ingram married somebody whose surname was morton, was divorced or widowed, then married thomas sullivan.
                                Last edited by kylejustin; 02-03-09, 05:06.

Comment

here's the marriage of this daniel's parents

marriage- mar 1864

mary anne morton shoreditch
                                  thomas sullivan
                                  Last edited by kylejustin; 02-03-09, 05:05.

Comment

ther's quite a few daniel sullivan's born in london in 1885.

Comment

Thanks Kylejustin, have been attempting to work this out this afternoon. I think if I have it right Mary Ann Ingram married a William Morton in 1856 (noted as Ann Ingram) and William possibly died 1858, Mary Ann then appeared to marry Thomas Sullivan in 1864. As yet I haven't found any record of any of them on a census, but will keep looking.

Mystic.........

Comment

This is a possibility in 1871:

1 Mequer(?) Alley, St Luke, London:
                                        Thomas Sullivan Head Mar 26 Labourer St Lukes Middlesex
                                        Mary A Do Wife Mar 26 County Longford(?)
                                        Mary E Do Daur 5 St Lukes Middlesex
                                        Thomas Do Son 2 Do
                                        Elizabeth Do Daur 8 months Do

Oh, I just remembered about your Daniel's brother, but I can't remember if he's supposed to be around in 1871; I'll just post this up and then reread page 1! (No, I see he's 28 in 1901)
                                        Last edited by KiteRunner; 02-03-09, 11:41. Reason: got ages wrong
                                        KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                        X